Post-Game Talk: Ducks 3, Canucks 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Uhh no, the biggest reason this team isn't 30th is because Horvat is so good.
If the twins still play like real 1st liners, with amount of ice times they get this team will be in top 3 of division.

Look at how many goals Miller have been giving up, the twins can play like gods and still won't be able to make it up if Miller lets in that many goals per game.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Well, what can we say about the night:

We played reactive and showed far to much respect to a team that, this year, does not deserve it. I blame it eighty percent on the coach, and the rest on the vets.

Nice to see a bit of life, and confidence, in the third. To little too late.
Meh, we were just the worse team.
Certainly not good enough for the Ducks to go full out.
This is not Anaheim's full effort.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Uhh no, the biggest reason this team isn't 30th is because Horvat is so good.
If the twins still play like real 1st liners, with amount of ice times they get this team will be in top 3 of division.

Everyone on this team is playing in bigger roles than they're supposed to.

Sedins are expected to carry this offense at their age and make chicken soup out of chicken **** with their supporting cast.

Horvat is our saviour, but man that's a lot to ask out of him. On WPG/TOR/EDM, he'd just be another young gun. But here, he is the franchise. He's doing a hell of a job and being used horribly by WD but man he's our knight in shining armour and pegged to be this team's franchise player so let's hope he's up to it. You could argue that he had less pressure on the London Knights lol.

Edler/Tanev are a great shutdown pair expected to shutdown top lines and put up points, even though both of them aren't really offensive players.

Eriksson seems to still be adjusting, doesn't really have a playmaking center to play with outside of Hank.

And then you have a bunch of role players and kids playing bigger roles than they all should be.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Meh, we were just the worse team.
Certainly not good enough for the Ducks to go full out.
This is not Anaheim's full effort.

yep. anaheim just owns the canucks right now. it might have something to do with how well bieksa and kesler know the sedins as well as how motivated they are to beat the canucks. whatever it is, a good chunk of that domination seemed effortless for anaheim.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
hWEAxVF.png

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
yep. anaheim just owns the canucks right now. it might have something to do with how well bieksa and kesler know the sedins as well as how motivated they are to beat the canucks. whatever it is, a good chunk of that domination seemed effortless for anaheim.

I think it has more to do with Anaheim good, Canuck bad.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
No, they were terrible. Henrik on his own killed the team on multiple power plays trying to finesse passes through traffic that were not there. He was horrible.

I remember Henrik making a great pass to daniel who was robbed and then sutter somehow whiffing his shot.

Loui Eriksson is someone who I would call horrible, was completely invisible.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Sometimes I question if Willie watches the games based on how he manages this roster.

Mind blowingly bad decision making.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I honestly think it is time to switch the deployment of the Sedin's and Horvat.

Of course I agree bud. I'll tell ya, after the coaching tonight..the 'scared defensive', horrible coaching tonight...it's time to move now.

I realize management want's to bring Green or someone in at the end of the season..but man oh man..

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
just saw the 2nd/3rd:

- Gudbranson pulled an Edler special by trying to play goalie, fell right in the crease instead of taking a man. Right now he is nowhere close to Willie Mitchell. Had a stretch of solid play but has struggled in the last few games.

- That 5-on-3 powerplay was a game changer. Its almost like the canucks didn't know how to take advantage of the extra man and Henrik had to force passes to the slot.

- Stecher continues to impress. You start to see other canucks defer to him more now. A lot of plays run through him. Pretty amazing that an undrafted player straight from college can have this kind of impact.

- Even though canucks didn't play that well, we were still very much in it. The emergence of Stecher/Tryamkin has really strengthened the backend.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i cannot see a rationale for burrows, horvat and baertschi's minutes being so low but i also notice that megna had the same ice time as chaput. going by ice time distribution there's 2 fifth liners, 2 fourth liners, 3 third liners, 1 second liner and 4 first liners. one of the fourth liners plays second line part of the time. it's confusing.

i'd like to see a shift breakdown to understand when it happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad