Friedman: Duchene Mega-Thread Pt. 1 - Ottawa fielding offers, NSH & CBJ interested; Duchene sitting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
You are confusing a prospect with a NHL level player.

Wasn't this guy supposed to join the team last year for the playoffs? What happened there?

Thinking the blue Chip didn't work out as expected. He's a prospect, but not a blue chip prospect

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
A blue-chip prospect, in my opinion, is a prospect that a team absolutely refuses to move. The very fact that Tolvanen seems available according to Nashville fans worries me quite a bit if I'm being honest.
Some of our fanbase would trade half of our "elite" defenders if it brought in a recognizable forward name, doesn't mean they're available. Very few of us want or think Tolvanen is available, just resigned to the speculation and rumors (and eagerly hoping Poile swings a deal for a lesser prospect).

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
He's not available according to us, that came from Poile, the fans have more or less just accepted that fact. Truth is if we get a Duchene or Stone level player, I'm not sure we have a spot open for him anyways so I think that is the reasoning for why he would be available.
I may have missed where Poile actually stated he was available?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Some of our fanbase would trade half of our "elite" defenders if it brought in a recognizable forward name, doesn't mean they're available. Very few of us want or think Tolvanen is available, just resigned to the speculation and rumors (and eagerly hoping Poile swings a deal for a lesser prospect).

Poile said on 102.5 that Tolvanen's name had come up and that he was looking at all options to improve the team, but basically they weren't shopping him.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wasn't this guy supposed to join the team last year for the playoffs? What happened there?

Thinking the blue Chip didn't work out as expected. He's a prospect, but not a blue chip prospect
He did and played a handful of games. He didn't set the world on fire for sure, but I'm not sure Poile had any plans of burning that first year of his ELC anyways unless he was just insanely good. I think had we played him more it would have made him vulnerable for the next entry draft

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN

Seems a number of teams are interested in the not a blue chip prospect. He won’t be involved outside of the big 3 tho.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Poile said on 102.5 that Tolvanen's name had come up and that he was looking at all options to improve the team, but basically they weren't shopping him.
And seems like there was also something put out by someone that Poile told them if the right deal came along he would be willing to move him. I'm not sure he has ever sat down and said " I'm shopping Tolvanen " but outside of the fire sale I'm not sure he's ever done that with anyone ( ok well Erat ).

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

What defines "blue chip"?

I look at Tolvanen's body of work since his draft day and can easily evaluate him as blue chip. He still needs developing, especially at the NA pro level, but the skills and resume are there.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
What defines "blue chip"?

I look at Tolvanen's body of work since his draft day and can easily evaluate him as blue chip. He still needs developing, especially at the NA pro level, but the skills and resume are there.

I've always assumed blue chip meant along the lines of someone you could build a team around.

Forsberg, Scheifele... And so on.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
A blue-chip prospect, in my opinion, is a prospect that a team absolutely refuses to move. The very fact that Tolvanen seems available according to Nashville fans worries me quite a bit if I'm being honest.
So blue chip prospects are never moved? IIRC Forsberg was a blue chipper and was moved?D Strome?

Perhaps Nashville thinks that Duchene will put them over the top and are willing to pay a blue chip forward if they know Duchene is signing?

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
So blue chip prospects are never moved? IIRC Forsberg was a blue chipper and was moved?D Strome?

Perhaps Nashville thinks that Duchene will put them over the top and are willing to pay a blue chip forward if they know Duchene is signing?
Not usually in rental deals

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
And seems like there was also something put out by someone that Poile told them if the right deal came along he would be willing to move him. I'm not sure he has ever sat down and said " I'm shopping Tolvanen " but outside of the fire sale I'm not sure he's ever done that with anyone ( ok well Erat ).

Yeah, big difference between not shopping someone and being unavailable. No reason for them to move him unless it’s a franchise piece like Duchene/Stone and for more than a rental, ie, if Matt is traded to Nash I would put money on him extending in short order, and they likely already know that.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Yeah, big difference between not shopping someone and being unavailable. No reason for them to move him unless it’s a franchise piece like Duchene/Stone and for more than a rental, ie, if Matt is traded to Nash I would put money on him extending in short order, and they likely already know that.
say it again.

Reactions: Clayonator

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Any chance he gets traded to montreal? Especially if he will sign long term? Id be willing to give up our 1st this year a 2nd this year a roster player and a prospect.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Some of y'all are really overrating Duchene.

Here are his 82-game production rates from the past 6 seasons, including this one:

2014-15: 55
2015-16: 64
2016-17: 44
2017-18: 59
2018-19: 95

He hasn't shown anything close to what he's currently doing since the 2013-2014 season, when he had 70 points in 71 games.

And he's shooting over 20% so far this year. He is not going to do that for the rest of his career.

Reactions: Monk

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Some of y'all are really overrating Duchene.

Here are his 82-game production rates from the past 6 seasons, including this one:

2014-15: 55
2015-16: 64
2016-17: 44
2017-18: 59
2018-19: 95

He hasn't shown anything close to what he's currently doing since the 2013-2014 season, when he had 70 points in 71 games.

And he's shooting over 20% so far this year. He is not going to do that for the rest of his career.
I think he has pretty much been a ppg player since last January

needed a change of scenery..his skills are undeniable

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He's shooting 20%

I agree that he's good, but he's not 95 points good.

Is William Karlsson going to get 40 goals this year?
maybe not a 95 point player but an 82 point player is very very good and not overrated lol

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I think Duchene will be traded to Nashville by Thursday evening and then Edmonton will be his first game. They will have him ready to go for the Jets, Avs and Blues games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad