Friedman: Duchene/Landeskog for Top-pairing Defenceman in Offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Carolina fans kind of have a right to say it does not work though considering team control, but Duchene would love Carolina. Hes country as hell, so the fan base would like him too. The guy is all about country music and fishing.

Pfft. Fishing and country music is everywhere. If he doesn't love BBQ (and the right kind mind you), 4WD trucks, tobacco, and sweet tea, then there's no chance in hell he'd fit in. He'd have to love college basketball and Nascar as well.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
See you did an edit, I doubt Chevy would consider Compher & Bigras for Trouba. Both are decent prospects, but I don't see them landing a player like Trouba.

I know, Bigras would need to be a bit more proven, and that would probably already be the case but hes been injured so hes missed out on chances to come up this year.

Also I'm not sure that many Avs fans would do it either, as we're really high on both of them.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Pfft. Fishing and country music is everywhere. If he doesn't love BBQ (and the right kind mind you), 4WD trucks, tobacco, and sweet tea, then there's no chance in hell he'd fit in. He'd have to love college basketball and Nascar as well.

Haha, I think he would. I lived in Fayettnam for five years myself. I know what NC is about.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Is this supposed to be serious?

Let's not be silly. Horvat looks really good, Tanev isn't a massive need considering the Avs have a strong right side and badly need a high end LHD, but Horvat and Tanev would be ludicrous.

I'm not being silly, are you? Horvat isn't a #1 center, and he never will be.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hamonic+Barzal for Duchene

Sign me up

Although I'm one that is perfectly fine getting a quality right hander, because I'd just trade Barrie for a young forward or top end pick then. Barrie is really difficult to pair young defenders with, and both Bigras & Zadorov have strong offensive potential. In fact I think I'd actually prefer a RHD to replace Barrie.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'm not being silly, are you? Horvat isn't a #1 center, and he never will be.

A high end #2 centre and a top pairing defensman who is relatively young? It's a decent fit, and the value is ridiculous. That's an easy yes.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'm glad you're not the GM of the Avs.

Duchene or Landeskog for a top pairing shutdown defender who is 26 years old, a 21 year old who looks to be a good #2 centre, and a reclamation project that could still have decent potential, and you'd say "no." Alrighty.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Duchene or Landeskog for a top pairing shutdown defender who is 26 years old, a 21 year old who looks to be a good #2 centre, and a reclamation project that could still have decent potential, and you'd say "no." Alrighty.

Duchene's better than both of them (not combined). Virtanen isn't good, he hits, that's it, he also has issues. The guy in your avatar is supposed to be our shut down dman, he's 2 years older than Tanev. We have Jost coming in a year or two, most likely a good pick at the draft in June, hopefully Patrick. Landy is one of the better power forwards in the league, on a good contract, our captain, and he's 24.

Who's our 1st line left winger if Landy is traded? Another reclamation project in Grigorenko? No thanks!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Duchene's better than both of them (not combined). Virtanen isn't good, he hits, that's it, he also has issues. The guy in your avatar is supposed to be our shut down dman, he's 2 years older than Tanev. We have Jost coming in a year or two, most likely a good pick at the draft in June, hopefully Patrick. Landy is one of the better power forwards in the league, on a good contract, our captain, and he's 24.

Horvat has the potential to be a good two way player, certainly #2 centre offence, he's only 21, he's 200+ pounds, and would add a really nice element to the Avs' centre depth. He's a horse out there. That is absolutely something the club could really use. Tanev isn't an ideal fit, as I said, but if he's coming with Horvat?? Hell yes. You can then swap Barrie somewhere else for another forward. The Canucks would never offer anything close to that so it's a moot point, but saying no to that is ridiculous. The raw value you're getting out of that deal, ignoring needs, is incredible. I don't know what you exactly think Landeskog or Duchene are if you're saying no to that.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Why why why are there continuning rumours about the Avs trading Duchene?

I dont get it. I just dont.

There isn't, but it's easy to regurgitate old ones by speculating. There has litterally been no new rumors from trusted sources. Saying Sakic is looking for a #1D, and could be willing to trade one of our core forwards is also kind of an on going narrative.

We as fans are more willing to discuss it, because it may look like they need to reset the rebuild back a bit to the younger core guys. Either that or changes simply may need to be made.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Horvat has the potential to be a good two way player, certainly #2 centre offence, he's only 21, he's 200+ pounds, and would add a really nice element to the Avs' centre depth. He's a horse out there. That is absolutely something the club could really use. Tanev isn't an ideal fit, as I said, but if he's coming with Horvat?? Hell yes. You can then swap Barrie somewhere else for another forward. The Canucks would never offer anything close to that so it's a moot point, but saying no to that is ridiculous. The raw value you're getting out of that deal, ignoring needs, is incredible.I don't know what you exactly think Landeskog or Duchene are if you're saying no to that.

We have Jost coming soon. I have high hopes for him and so do most of us. He's an all around good hockey player. He reminds me of Parise. I know Tanev and Horvat are good, but I wouldn't give up Dutchy and Landy for them.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Why why why are there continuning rumours about the Avs trading Duchene?

I dont get it. I just dont.

There really aren't. This is a clickbait title, frankly. Friedman, in his 30 thoughts, was just confirming that this past summer the Avs discussed Lindholm / Landeskog, which Dreger said back in June or July, and that the Avs were heavily interested in Trouba, which MacKenzie and Lebrun said back in June. He didn't add anything about Duchene being available now.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
We have Jost coming soon. I have high hopes for him and so do most of us. He's an all around good hockey player. He reminds me of Parise. I know Tanev and Horvat are good, but I wouldn't give up Dutchy and Landy for them.

Duchene and Landy? His suggestion was Duchene or Landy.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I know, I wouldn't trade either for Tanev and Virtanen.

You said you wouldn't trade either for Tanev, and Virtanen, and Horvat. Now we're changing the goalposts.

Regardless, this is pointless, so I'll drop it.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Seeing as Taylor Hall only got Adam freaking Larsson

The Market is brutal for D-men

Google the story.

It was suppose to be Taylor Hall for Kevin Shattenkirk, but rumors have it that, he didn't want to play for Edmonton so that option wasn't available.

You said you wouldn't trade either for Tanev, and Virtanen, and Horvat. Now we're changing the goalposts.

No no, we will give ya Tanev for Duchene.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

I must have misread what he wrote :laugh: But still, I wouldn't trade either for Tanev and Virtanen. I wouldn't trade both of them for Horvat, Tanev and Virtanen. :)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Horvat has the potential to be a good two way player, certainly #2 centre offence, he's only 21, he's 200+ pounds, and would add a really nice element to the Avs' centre depth. He's a horse out there. That is absolutely something the club could really use. Tanev isn't an ideal fit, as I said, but if he's coming with Horvat?? Hell yes. You can then swap Barrie somewhere else for another forward. The Canucks would never offer anything close to that so it's a moot point, but saying no to that is ridiculous. The raw value you're getting out of that deal, ignoring needs, is incredible. I don't know what you exactly think Landeskog or Duchene are if you're saying no to that.

Uh... Their fans might not, but their GM/Owners? Anything is possible there lol ;)

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
The Canucks look like prime partners. Landeskog for Gudbranson. Sign it. Stamp it.

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
There really aren't. This is a clickbait title, frankly. Friedman, in his 30 thoughts, was just confirming that this past summer the Avs discussed Lindholm / Landeskog, which Dreger said back in June or July, and that the Avs were heavily interested in Trouba, which MacKenzie and Lebrun said back in June. He didn't add anything about Duchene being available now.

The Avs shopped Duchene last year. I get the impression they are not that high on him. He is continually in trade rumours every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad