Proposal: Dubois for Nurse

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
The Kings say no. PLD is younger, cheaper, and better (that's not really saying much). Nurse's only advantage is a contract that ends one year earlier.
Nurse fills a bigger need in the Kings lineup now and into the future. Trading Dubois allows them to move Byfield to center full time.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Kings could roll out a defense of

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Nurse-Spence

in year 1 then let Gavrikov walk and move Nurse up into the top 4. He's still overpaid for that role but it beats paying Dubois to essentially block Byfield and piss off his teammates.

Reactions: Neutrinos

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Oilers should jump at this. They could buyout Dubois at a fraction of the cost of Nurse.

I don’t see the rationale for the Kings though. They’d be much better off buying out Dubois and getting a defenseman with the cap room they’ve created vs acquiring Nurse.

Different story if the Oilers retain some salary on Nurse. Even $2 million probably makes the deal start to make some sense for LA.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
PLD and the Kings both say no
PLD can't say no yet.

Found one of the few deals moving Nurse where I find myself saying no.
You should look at the buyout cost on Dubois. Oilers would save 7.5M moving forward. They'd be completely stupid not to do this. Dubois is a 1/3 buyout. Nurse's contract is buyout proof like Huberdeau's.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
PLD can't say no yet.

You should look at the buyout cost on Dubois. Oilers would save 7.5M moving forward. They'd be completely stupid not to do this. Dubois is a 1/3 buyout. Nurse's contract is buyout proof like Huberdeau's.

Yeah at a 1/3 buyout I'd prob jump on that even without seeing the breakdown

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Nurse is bad but PLD is baaaad. He has an extra year too…

Fit-wise, I think Nurse would do better on LA and PLD could be glued to McDrai to salvage him

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
PLD should and probably will be bought out this summer. Why burden themselves with Nurse contract?
While I agree he should be bought out, that simply will not happen as that would require Blake to admit he sucked on the biggest move as a GM. No way is that happening and he has already stated that.

Reactions: Guitpik

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
While I agree he should be bought out, that simply will not happen as that would require Blake to admit he sucked on the biggest move as a GM. No way is that happening and he has already stated that.
I can agree but that would just be compounding the mistake. Sooner or later he needs to admit it or else next GM will. For Kings sake hopefully Blake realizes it and moves on.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Nurse fills a bigger need in the Kings lineup now and into the future. Trading Dubois allows them to move Byfield to center full time.
That's an easy no from LA. Plus, Dubois isn't blocking Byfield from anything. The Kings are putting Dubois on the wing this season. Only way he gets back to Center would be because of injuries or Byfield failing at Center.

Reactions: Guitpik

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I brought this up in jest yesterday in another thread, but I still felt there needs to be a '+' from Edmonton here.
It would also need to be post the 1/3 buyout deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad