Post-Game Talk: D's beat B's 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
How much finishing is going to come with those two returning though. The team lacks what we've traded away. A true scorer. I don't see one available at the moment either.

That's true, but it's also true that Chara and Krejci, historically have been on the ice for significantly more goals scored than given up.

Maybe DK sets up Looch for a slam dunk or wins the draw Soderberg lost that led to the 3rd goal, or Chara makes the defensive play that Trotman/Bartkowski didn't that prevents a goal last night.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Oh and I think Soda playing poorly has more to do with the fact that he's skating against harder opposition (before he was skating third line and getting more bottom pairing Dmen and bottoms 6 lines). I think he will adjust.

Bergy has looked bad for a while. I wouldn't be at all shocked to learn he's nursing some kind of injury and agree he hasn't been the same since that one game where he took the weird hit.

Oh and Seids-Seids is driving me nuts. At first I thought it was rust but now I'm not so sure but he has been a hot mess all season.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Look at the difference between Tortorella's Rangers and Vigneault's Rangers. To some extent largely the same personnel, but Tortorella's block everything defense first approach stifled their talented offensive players. Under Tortorella guys like Brad Richards, Kreider and Gaborik were in the doghouse and Nash couldn't produce. Now look at them.

Torts and Julien are nothing alike either in personality or coaching style.

Torts is way more entertaining though :D

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Bruins were scoring at a pretty good clip with Krejci in the line up, will be great to get him back and get the lines balanced again.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Oh and I think Soda playing poorly has more to do with the fact that he's skating against harder opposition (before he was skating third line and getting more bottom pairing Dmen and bottoms 6 lines). I think he will adjust.

Bergy has looked bad for a while. I wouldn't be at all shocked to learn he's nursing some kind of injury and agree he hasn't been the same since that one game where he took the weird hit.

Oh and Seids-Seids is driving me nuts. At first I thought it was rust but now I'm not so sure but he has been a hot mess all season.

Don't worry, once Krejci & a big RW come back to 1st line, Soda will be facing bottom 6 lines and 3rd pairing Dmen. Stewart & Foligno would give us three top lines and a nightmare for other teams to play against.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.

where other wise good players go to die, playing with Looch or Marchand

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Damn should of gotten at least one point out of last night. Hurts on a tough road trip to start with a tough game against a good opponent and not get a point. got to have a bounce back performance tonight

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
I thought I heard Jack say Andersens goals against average was 5. something for the last few games,way to go guys, again giving another subpar goalie confidence.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

He is?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins had to pot some of those early chances, Morrow breakaway, Bergeron missed tip in from Marchand, Dougie in the slot multiple times, only to miss the net, Paille hitting the post from 1 foot out of the crease.

Hopefully tonight has a better outcome, but I am not holding my breath.

This team badly needs Krejci/Chara back.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Agree 100% - Getting Chara, Krejci, McQuaid and the rest of the wounded back isn't going to change the scoring problems.

Clode and his system need to be modified to today's NHL or Clode needs to be shown the door.

we win the president trophy last year... take our arch nemeis to 7 games in round II... very likely would have crushed the rangers and gone to the finals 3 times in 5 years if we managed to avoid montreal...

and clode's system doesn't work in the new nhl?

yikes

iGetCarried*

we win the president trophy last year... take our arch nemeis to 7 games in round II... very likely would have crushed the rangers and gone to the finals 3 times in 5 years if we managed to avoid montreal...

yikes

Screw the presidents trophy, means diddly-squat. This isn't European Football where winning the regular season means more than playoffs.

We LOST to the MTL Canadiens, a team we were "superior" to. I don't care if we took them to game 7 in round II or not. A loss is a loss, and losing to them time after time is unacceptable.

Can't comment on the rest since you have no idea how that plays out.

Avoiding our arch-rival is the only way to make it to the finals?

YIKES.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Agree 100% - Getting Chara, Krejci, McQuaid and the rest of the wounded back isn't going to change the scoring problems.

Clode and his system need to be modified to today's NHL or Clode needs to be shown the door.

So, having Krejci-Bergy-Yeti instead of Bergy-Yeti-Kelly down the middle ain't going to change the scoring problems?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Sad to say I missed tonight's game for celebrating mom beating cancer again (4th go round with different treatment methods)... Sounds like the boys had a decent 60 minutes tonight. Anyone have any info on who looked good or bad?

Go Mom!:handclap:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Chiarelli could have at least waited until the offseason to see how the team performed before giving Julien the extension.

Objectively Julien is a good coach, he has gotten results but I don't understand the discrepancy between the personnel Chiarelli brings in and the system Julien employs.

If Chiarelli wants a heavy team, then why are the call up options Spooner, Koko, and Griffith? These guys are set up to fail in a defense first, grinding, skate your lane system. Griffith needs to be able to use his hockey sense to move around for offensive opportunities, he is not going to excel in the Bruins perimeter board play and pass the puck back to the point, his size means he is not going to be able to consistently get the puck out against bigger players in the defensive zone.

In short, if Chiarelli wants a heavy team, why don't the Bruins actually have heavy players?

Such a great post! Bravo!!!
Need more Lions and less Hummingbirds

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Game of inches... Morrow, Bergeron, Lucic, Paille.. So many good chances. This game could have been 2 points.

Bart continues to look good. Like best of the group all round good.

Pasta looked good again. Kid is playing like he belongs. Nice to see him get his first point.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
+1

Too many fans living off the past glories. Clode's inability to adjust to his players' talents and to counter opposing coaches' moves is hurting the team.

Screw the presidents trophy, means diddly-squat. This isn't European Football where winning the regular season means more than playoffs.

We LOST to the MTL Canadiens, a team we were "superior" to. I don't care if we took them to game 7 in round II or not. A loss is a loss, and losing to them time after time is unacceptable.

YIKES.

yikes

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
How would LA perform minus Carter and Doughty, Anaheim without Perry and Fowler? On and on.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

YIKES.

The president's trophy is a good indicator of how you stack up against the nhl. Teams that win the trophy more often then not go deep in the p/o. Saying it means diddly squat is ignorant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad