Drouin vs Nylander vs Ehlers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who you take going forward ?

• Total voters

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Yes, but I did and you responded to it. And he would be a top 6 forward on the Jets even if he wouldn't be on the top 2 lines because he's better than Stastny who is playing on a top 2 line.

No he's not, stop spewing nonsense. Better play driver? Ya I'm sure playing with Paciroetty and Stone must be hard lol. Only using 5v5 points is a terrible argument too. Would you take Philip Danault over Patrice Bergeron because Danault outscored him at EV with worse linemates?
Why are you using EV examples to try to disprove 5v5?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Anyways, the original point is that Drouin is a top 6 forward on many teams.
Really you are saying he is among the top 6 talented forwards (I think). On Winnipeg you could argue he would be the 6th best forward behind Scheifele, Connor, Laine, Wheeler and Ehlers.

Where does he fit on Montreal's list?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not a clap back at all
However, why wouldn't PMo, keep that most dangerous line together?

Maurice just seems insistent on running Scheifele and Wheeler together no matter what. My bet as a risk adverse coach he wasn't comfortable with the line playing more of a high event style of game.

I imagine you Leafs fans were left headscratching a number of Babcock combinations back in the day as well.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Maurice just seems insistent on running Scheifele and Wheeler together no matter what. My bet as a risk adverse coach he wasn't comfortable with the line playing more of a high event style of game.

I imagine you Leafs fans were left headscratching a number of Babcock combinations back in the day as well.
It doesn't even take that old of a Leafs fan to remember headscratching our own Maurice combinations.

And I'd go with "pure primal rage" to describe starting Komarov/the 3rd line in OT, the Babcock special.

The gif in question is from one such occasion last year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This one was always close between Ehlers and Nylander.

Nylander has not scored a goal since opening night, 7pts in 7GP. Ehlers now has 4 goals and 3 assists in 6GP. I always preferred Ehlers grit more given both are similarly skilled. Definitely prefer Ehlers' contract at 6M per. 1M less than Nylander's.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nylander is clearly a few steps ahead of the others, IMO.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I'd love to see Ehlers away from Paul Maurice. By a hair I take him over Nylander and I think he has an extra top gear with that speed and skill combination.

Edit: They also have practically identical career statlines in the NHL, which is pretty neat.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nylander for me. He looks like he’s taken another step forward this year
That's fair since I believe it is close with him and Ehlers. But how so? He looks the same to me. He was quick out of the gate, but hasn't scored a goal since opening night. Ehlers has had a goal in 4 straight games. To me what will determine if Nylander has taken a step fwd is he will be less timid on the ice. When play gets more physical, I am just not sure he will show up. This is one area where I have always like Ehlers, he doesn't mind the heavy going. Close call either way.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Ehlers and Nylander are equal players while Drouin is several tiers below them.

He will end disapointing again and be a sub 50 pt (in 82 games) player

Suzuki right now is in this tier with these 2 though I can see him passing them if he developed further

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
This one was always close between Ehlers and Nylander.

Nylander has not scored a goal since opening night, 7pts in 7GP. Ehlers now has 4 goals and 3 assists in 6GP. I always preferred Ehlers grit more given both are similarly skilled. Definitely prefer Ehlers' contract at 6M per. 1M less than Nylander's.

I really hope you arent basing your answer off of 7 games and the players' contracts

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I really hope you arent basing your answer off of 7 games and the players' contracts

How on earth is Nylander "clearly a few steps behind" Ehlers and Drouin?

He said Nylander is ahead??? I pick my guy but Nylander second and it's close. I don't watch Nylander too much but Ehlers zone entry is super valuable to the Jets.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
He said Nylander is ahead??? I pick my guy but Nylander second and it's close. I don't watch Nylander too much but Ehlers zone entry is super valuable to the Jets.

Um.... you might want to re-read what he said. He literally said the opposite of what you posted.

Sorry. I dont know how i misread that that horribly.

Just made a 2nd coffee

Reactions: irunthepeg

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah sorta. Him and Ehlers are very close. But i dont think Drouin is at the same level.
Drouin is not. But the level of curiosity as to why Nylander is a few steps behind should still be there asking about a few steps ahead.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Arent the reviews with Drouin pretty good this year out of Montreal?

I mean before this they were terrible
but some of the reviews out of montreal show a better game this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad