Drew Doughty suffers ugly looking ankle injury (Seravalli says there is a fracture)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
The sky isn't falling. This is what depth is for. Roy, Walker, Durzi or Faber will just step up and take his place.
IMG_6878.gif

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
In a situation like this you really hope it's the bone of his lower leg that gave way and nothing in the ankle. It's a much cleaner/quicker recovery.

Reactions: Trash Panda

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I like how the commentator was trying to pump up Samsonov. "They went back to him in game 7" yeah because we had no choice our starter was hurt haha

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ouch. Sometimes I wonder if it's at all worth it for starters to partake in preseason games.

The NFL seems to be at the point where the stars never play. It might be the way to go.
It's a double edge sword. You don't play pre-season then once the games start you either risk a slow start or guys getting hurt as their bodies aren't up to speed.

See it lots in the NFL. Injuries are just ridiculous to start the season once again, granted it is a physical sport but one has to wonder at times if it's because guys aren't ready. Then you also have guys/teams that look like absolute shit to start the year, again granted some of that is because they are absolute shit, but some of it is because the guys didn't get enough time to gel.

In a situation like this you really hope it's the bone of his lower leg that gave way and nothing in the ankle. It's a much cleaner/quicker recovery.
My first hope was that his skate just fell apart

It's amazing how little the Kings have to show for such depth at the most coveted position in hockey
They've kind of been like this for a bit now. Doughty consistently is relied on big time, which I get as he is a #1 d-man but seems to be an issue every year now that the d will only go as far as Doughty drags them.

Doesn't help that they haven't had goaltending for awhile either.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ouch. Sometimes I wonder if it's at all worth it for starters to partake in preseason games.

The NFL seems to be at the point where the stars never play. It might be the way to go.

While I don't disagree, long term injuries in relation to the team are much worse in the NFL. If you get hurt and are out for 4 months, there goes the entire season. In the NHL, that would be half the season so while not very good, not the end of the world either.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Guys age, and as they do injuries happen (seemingly) more and worse and are longer to heal up. Kings are going to need their younger D to take some big minutes.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
He's much better off with a fracture than with anything else than a fracture (provided there isn't, well, anything else other than the fracture).

This could've been a bit more concise.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They've kind of been like this for a bit now. Doughty consistently is relied on big time, which I get as he is a #1 d-man but seems to be an issue every year now that the d will only go as far as Doughty drags them.

Doesn't help that they haven't had goaltending for awhile either.

The joke is that not even two full seasons ago their RHD depth was Doughty, Roy, Durzi, Faber, Spence, Clarke, Grans and now with Doughty out it's Spence-Clarke-Burroughs-move an LHD over.

Another Rob Blake masterclass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad