Draisaitl or Bergeron

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draisaitl or Bergeron

• Draisaitl

• Bergeron

Results are only viewable after voting.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
One of the best two-way players and leaders ever vs one of the most potent offensive players of all time.

Which guy are you adding to your team, all things equal, both right in prime, assuming similar contract/health etc.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If you can get a healthy Drai at Bergeron's contract level you take Drai 100 times out of 100. Bergeron at Drai's contract level is massively overpaid.

Or do you mean similar contract as in the theoretical Drai comes with Drai's contract and the theoretical Bergeron comes with Bergeron's contract?

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Bergeron has proven to play at a high level and be “the guy”, Draisaitl has not. You may lose a bit of production with Bergeron but you get one of the modern days best two way a player.
Nobody in the league can be "the guy" when McDavid is on the same team.

Drai has the Hart, Lindsay and Ross + absolutely smokes Bergeron in offense playoffs included. His playoff PPG is double what Bergeron had, the defensive gap ain´t going to bridge that.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I’m a big Bergeron fan and I think he was pushing toward a top 5 center at his best and was a top 10 center for a number of years. His ability to matchup with the best put him on the same level or better as better offensive centers of his day like say a Tavares. Draisaitl is a level above those Tavares types as an offensive player though and I think is too good offensively not to take him. He obviously benefits when he plays with McDavid but he also doesn’t get much to work with when he’s not with McDavid, which tends to balance out to some degree. If he had Marchand on his wing all career and then Pastrnak for part of it I don’t think his numbers would be noticeably different from having McDavid on the team. If I have the choice of two Draisaitl’s or a Draisaitl and Bergeron 1-2 punch, I might take the latter though.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Nobody in the league can be "the guy" when McDavid is on the same team.

Drai has the Hart, Lindsay and Ross + absolutely smokes Bergeron in offense playoffs included. His playoff PPG is double what Bergeron had, the defensive gap ain´t going to bridge that.
More to hockey than “smoking a player offensively”.

You need a guy to be a 1C in a do or die game in the finals? You take Bergeron who’s substantially better defensively than Draisaitl

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If you can get a healthy Drai at Bergeron's contract level you take Drai 100 times out of 100. Bergeron at Drai's contract level is massively overpaid.

Or do you mean similar contract as in the theoretical Drai comes with Drai's contract and the theoretical Bergeron comes with Bergeron's contract?

Are you talking hypothetical contracts here? Because Draisaitl is already severely underpaid. Prime Bergeron at Draisaitl’s current 8.5 isn’t close to being overpaid.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
More to hockey than “smoking a player offensively”.

You need a guy to be a 1C in a do or die game in the finals? You take Bergeron who’s substantially better defensively than Draisaitl
Eh it's dependant on the team. If your team already has a McDavid, I do agree you take Bergeron. But if your team is anemic offensively, taking Bergeron in that scenario makes no sense. Draisaitl has outproduced McDavid in multiple postseasons just saying.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Are you talking hypothetical contracts here? Because Draisaitl is already severely underpaid. Prime Bergeron at Draisaitl’s current 8.5 isn’t close to being overpaid.
The hypothetical. Prime Drai and Prime Bergeron are in two very different contract tiers.

Reactions: Regal

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
There isnt nor ever will there be a defensive/two way 1C whose a better hockey player than the comparable elite offensive 1C.

Toews, Kopitar, Barkov, Datsyuk, Bergeron, Federov dont stack up against any of Crosby, Mcdavid, Forsberg, Draisaitl, Mackinnon, Malkin

That 2nd group is inferior but ppl still try to make arguments and try to pretend that the 1st group players are close to 2nd group.

People usually revert to cups for the qst groups to pretend its close ignoring team contributions and structure

1st group has 12 cups (but fed, dats &toews are done their career)

2nd group has 9 cups but only Forsberg is done his carer, so mack + drai & mcd have room to add and are serious contenders vs only barkov from G1

People just use team success to try ajd pretend the 1st group of centers are comparable to 2nd group, ignoring individual accolades like

rosses/harts/lindsays/rockets/1st&2nd NHL teams, top 10 ppg/gpg/apg finishes, hart/lindsay finalists etc)

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
There isnt nor ever will there be a defensive/two way 1C whose a better hockey player than the comparable elite offensive 1C.

Toews, Kopitar, Barkov, Datsyuk, Bergeron, Federov dont stack up against any of Crosby, Mcdavid, Forsberg, Draisaitl, Mackinnon, Malkin

That 2nd group is inferior but ppl still try to make arguments and try to pretend that the 1st group players are close to 2nd group.

People usually revert to cups for the qst groups to pretend its close ignoring team contributions and structure

1st group has 12 cups (but fed, dats &toews are done their career)

2nd group has 9 cups but only Forsberg is done his carer, so mack + drai & mcd have room to add and are serious contenders vs only barkov from G1

People just use team success to try ajd pretend the 1st group of centers are comparable to 2nd group, ignoring individual accolades like

rosses/harts/lindsays/rockets/1st&2nd NHL teams, top 10 ppg/gpg/apg finishes, hart/lindsay finalists etc)
Fedorov won the Selke finishing 2nd in scoring to Wayne Gretzky.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Fedorov won the Selke finishing 2nd in scoring to Wayne Gretzky.
In his best year but generally wasnt at that level

Sakic was a guy who also wont hart + libdsay I think and came top 3 in selke but wasnt at that level consistently particularly defensively

If federov had that type of conistency he would have been a top 5ish player all time

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Bergeron is the type of player who naturally fits into a system and drives results 200 feet down the ice and does the heavy lifting for offensively inclined players. Flips play back the other way because he's so hard to play against. Doesn't look flashy because he reads and executes in a textbook "systems" kind of way

Draisaitl drives top 5 offensive results and can make you pay even in the playoffs. His play is inclined to do so. At this point him and McDavid are a package so the hypothetical of "what if" McDavid wasn't around to be the #1 guy doesn't matter

It comes down to what you prefer on your team and what you think will fit. Personally it's refreshing having had a player like Zetterberg or Datsyuk because the playoffs play different and things tighten up. Look no further than Game 4 2008 Finals for Zetterberg and "the shift"

In a vaccum, Draisaitl is the "better" player

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Europe
Bergeron was better by history.

Reason are Bergeron have gambled more.

Currently Draisaitl better.

I voted Draisaitl.

Last edited:

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Really don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this one. I think you could plug Draisaitl into Bergerons spot on that cup winning Bruins team and they still probably win the cup.

I voted Bergeron because I think the poll is hugely lopsided. But wouldn't hesitate to take Draisaitl either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad