Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if SJ doesn't win it, i think it'll be a team like calgary, ottawa, or columbus that wins it with very minimal odds

the ducks will drop a spot or two per usual

Reactions: Summer Rose

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
There was definitely, 100% a leak during the Hughes lotto because I knew the Devils were going to win before the reveal.

Forget the exact circumstance that led to it but someone leaked it before the TV special.

Fairly certain in other sports too, not going back too far but in 2016 I read that the 76ers already knew they were getting Ben Simmons and someone had talked to him inside the organization.

The Lakers in 2017 had a pick that was top 3 protected sitting at #4 pre-lotto and Magic Johnson said before the lottery that they knew they were keeping their pick.

Who really knows, we're all just pawns reacting to the desires of the evil corporate elites.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
There was definitely, 100% a leak during the Hughes lotto because I knew the Devils were going to win before the reveal.

Forget the exact circumstance that led to it but someone leaked it before the TV special.
I thought it was the European/international feed or some random stream feed that doesn't cut to traditional break forgot to cover the results (which are given to the network right after Gary & the accounting firm run the ping pong ball machine lottery behind closed doors) an hour before the draft, so we saw the 3 teams that had won were New Jersey, New York, and Chicago, but we didn't know the order, just that they had the stars by their name, indicating that they had won one of the 3 draws.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
While we are on the topic of future #1’s - the Isles need really need to bottom out next year for Hagens. He can be a Jack Hughes level transformative player for their offense and is an Isles fan to boot.

Theres a franchise, as much if not more than any of these bottom teams, that needs a game changing face of the future.

Unfortunately it seems like they are determined to live in permanent purgatory with an aging roster but incapable of a rebuild strategy.

It would take an absurd amount of selling for the Isles to bottom out.

They're not a contender but they're way too good to be a tank team, either.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I thought it was the European/international feed or some random stream feed that doesn't cut to traditional break forgot to cover the results (which are given to the network right after Gary & the accounting firm run the ping pong ball machine lottery behind closed doors) an hour before the draft, so we saw the 3 teams that had won were New Jersey, New York, and Chicago, but we didn't know the order, just that they had the stars by their name, indicating that they had won one of the 3 draws.
Ahhh that was it! Great memory, that's exactly right. I knew the Devils had moved up, just didn't know where they landed.

Great call, you're absolutely right.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
In a good conspiracy, it can't be the team you most suspect because that would be too obvious. It also can't be the team you least suspect, because that would be super rare and therefore also be obvious.

Therefore, it must be the Seattle Kraken, the team I most medium suspect.

ecd85f9c-1126-4ad9-847b-6a9dc253cd56_text.gif

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
In a good conspiracy, it can't be the team you most suspect because that would be too obvious. It also can't be the team you least suspect, because that would be super rare and therefore also be obvious.

Therefore, it must be the Seattle Kraken, the team I most medium suspect.

View attachment 866541

Funny. You just described exactly why it won't be Utah. :(

• Love
Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
omfg he deleted the post, this league is an absolute joke hahahaha

Congrats San Jose, sorry Yotes fans.
It is possible that was a practice lottery run, and Bucci is about to get a whack/fine from ESPN. IIRC, the official Bettman/accounting firm lottery is done behind closed doors about an hour or two before the broadcast, meaning this "leak" comes too early.

Or Buccigross/ESPN/the league are just really dumb.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Congrats? You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Still find it rich for Habs fans to comment on the Leafs lack of playoff success in recent years when they can't get to the playoffs, but well done.
The NHL is cyclical with the hard salary cap, and the tank/draft process. The Leafs are at their apex in the cycle. Basically every team in the league has had more success in the salary cap era than the Leafs. That has to really sting that they've basically completely floundered their so called "best years".

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I see the Sharks have now reached the pity, "they need him" stage of the rebuild.

"Jason Dickinson already plays in the NHL for the Stars, Mr. Davidson. I award you no picks, and may god have mercy on your soul."
Anaheim never got that stage…

I blame perry, Kesler, pronger etc for making everyone hate us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad