Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Mario tank battle (plus probably Lindros tank battle) gave the NHL reason to institute a lottery to disincentivize teams from tanking on purpose to finish last to get the 1st overall pick.

McDavid tank battle gave the NHL reason to change it from a lottery for just 1st overall to the top 3.

Rangers winning the Lafreniere lottery with low odds, & the Red Wings complaining to the league, gave the NHL reason to change it from 3 draws to 2 draws and now you can only jump up 10 spots, plus the "Oilers rule" was instituted, where you can't win the lottery more than 2 times in a 5 year period.
Actually, you can’t move up to win more than twice in five years, but you can be last and win it an unlimited number of times.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I hope Chicago wins it while Columbus moves up to 2nd and then at the draft Chicago doesn't get their pick in on time and Columbus drafts Celebrini ahead of them. Then San Jose and Anaheim get their picks in and in a rush Chicago drafts a player whose name they spell wrong and end up forfeiting their pick.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I see the Sharks have now reached the pity, "they need him" stage of the rebuild.

I hope Chicago wins it while Columbus moves up to 2nd and then at the draft Chicago doesn't get their pick in on time and Columbus drafts Celebrini ahead of them. Then San Jose and Anaheim get their picks in and in a rush Chicago drafts a player whose name they spell wrong and end up forfeiting their pick.
"Jason Dickinson already plays in the NHL for the Stars, Mr. Davidson. I award you no picks, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Anyone who doesn't want to see Celebrini, Beniers, and Wright down the middle in Seattle for the next ten years is wrong.

Reactions: Summer Rose

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
No a believer in conspiracies but if Utah wins this... well... it would be very convenient let's say.

I have a feeling Columbus wins #1 and Habs are #2

Reactions: Summer Rose

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can't wait to see Chicago get the second straight first overall pick they clearly deserve after that unjust and extremely burdensome 2 million dollar fine they got for organizational hijinks. Such a long suffering franchise deserves it.

violin-tiny.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad