Draft Lottery - May 7th @ 6:30 ET, ESPN (upd: #1 SJS, #2 CHI, #3 ANA)

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Please no “the Pick is in” videos this years

Not a single Pacific time zone team has drafted 1st overall since LA's 1st overall pick in 1967 before their inaugural season.

Utah winning the lottery keeps that streak alive and follows the new NHL template of trying to establish immediate success in new NHL cities.

It is known.
Nashville was a New NHL city once and we were moved down the draft board and certainly were not set up for immediate success ditto Minnesota and Columbus

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Please no “the Pick is in” videos this years

Nashville was a New NHL city once and we were moved down the draft board and certainly were not set up for immediate success ditto Minnesota and Columbus
Nashville/Minny/Columbus are not new NHL teams.

Vegas and Seattle are the new template. Key word: new

Reactions: Summer Rose

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Me looking at this a lifelong Flames fan, having endured Jumbo and the gang mud hole stomp my below-average team for over a decade.
Kind of hard getting first overalls when your team was essentially a 100+ point team from 2003 to 2019.

Could Calgary at least get a top 2 pick? The highest we've ever picked is 4; and we've endured some absolute dog shit clubs in my time.
also hard to get first overalls when youre never a bottom 5 team

odds are odds

100% it's Utah. We've seen the length Bettman and the league will go to help newer franchises paying the most. I have absolutely zero doubt in my mind.
like when he got McDavid to go to EDM and Matthews to TOR.... makes sense

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2002
I wanted to come post faux outrage that we don't have results yet, then I realized all the shenanigans take place tomorrow.

I'm instead going to be faux outraged that the lottery isn't happening today so that I can be faux outraged we don't have the results yet.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
kind of sad that these are the exact same bottom 6 from last year. everyone is so cozy in the basement. 6th straight year Anahiem is drafting top 10. Yet they are still likely to get the top pick, I feel there has to be more deserving teams for Celebrini.
They are as deserving as any other team. They have never drafted #1 and in the last five years, they've either dropped or stayed put. They have drafted #2 (dropped 1), #10 (no change), #3 (dropped 1), #6 (dropped 1) and #9 (dropped 1) and there is a big difference between #1-#3 and the bottom half of the top 10.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
fHMNXbU.jpeg
That’s real gud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad