2024 Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Catton is a little slight to be the 3rd guy in the defensive zone imo. I’d say the same about Helenius too, he might lack the physicality to win the puck in the corner. Iginla lacks the foot speed. I do like all 3 and if we stay at 9 we get a good player.

I just think we’ve accrued all these picks, Conroy has done a great job in that regard. Why not move up and try to get that guy with the skill set to be a top line C? It’s the type of aggressive move this team hasn’t done for 30 years. We still have an absolute boatload of picks, a strong scouting staff and a prospect pool with lots of guys who project to be middle of the roster players. The late first will be more guys of that ilk that we don’t necessarily need anyway. Time to take a swing at a player that this organization has lacked since Nieuwendyk, who oddly enough is who Lindstrom reminds me of.

In terms of acquiring a 1C, I'd rather we trade out than trade up. I can't help but think we acquire a young 2C with 1C potential. Toss that guy in a rotation with Kadri and Backlund, that's a potentially really good learning environment with good potential to achieve that 1C potential. I wonder if that's what the top 15 pick concept is for. A basis of top 15 pick for a guy like Wright or Zegras isn't the worst idea. A basis of 9OA for those guys, I don't like.

But we shall see how this draft ends up going.

IharRB

Dec 17, 2023
Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Buium
Dickinson
Sennecke
Yakemchuk
Demidov
Catton
Parekh
Helenius
Iginla

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240628-175953.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628-175953.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 2

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Let's go, I guess.

Draft order as of this morning Noon MT:
  1. San Jose Sharks
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  3. Anaheim Duck
  4. Columbus Blue Jackets
  5. Montreal Canadiens
  6. Utah Club of Hockey Stick Pucks
  7. Ottawa Senators
  8. Seattle Kraken
  9. Calgary Flames
  10. New Jersey Devils
  11. San Jose Sharks
  12. Philadelphia Flyers
  13. Minnesota Wild
  14. Buffalo Sabres
  15. Detroit Red Wings
  16. St. Louis Blues
  17. Washington Capitals
  18. Chicago Blackhawks
  19. Vegas Golden Knights
  20. New York Islanders
  21. Montreal Canadiens Los Angeles Kings
  22. Nashville Predators
  23. Toronto Maple Leafs
  24. Colorado Avalanche
  25. Boston Bruins
  26. Los Angeles Kings Montreal Canadiens
  27. Carolina Hurricanes
  28. Calgary Flames
  29. Dallas Stars
  30. New York Rangers
  31. Anaheim Ducks
  32. Philadelphia Flyers

Last edited:

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Feel like that has to be Kadri asking out, no?

Conroy had some pretty high praise yesterday in his interview about what he’s done for the young players. Doesn’t seem like a guy you’d be super open to trading, maybe I’m wrong.

IharRB

Dec 17, 2023
Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Buium
Dickinson
Sennecke
Yakemchuk
Demidov
Catton
Parekh
Helenius
Iginla

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Christ, if he goes... we are going to be a bottom feeder next year! Me being/watching in the UK at 01:00/02:00 am only to watch us to lose almost every game will be very challenging! I am openly not a fan of our A netminder too so this is defo projected to be one of the toughest seasons I will endeavour 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanuuk

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Looks like the Canucks are gonna lose both Zadorov and Lindholm to free agency. What a shame.

Nifty work by Conroy getting a quality prospect, a 1st, 3rd, 5th, and a minor leaguer for two rentals.

Reactions: joescores

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I rarely tune in to watch the draft live but figured I'll do it today. This is an important day for the Flames, and tbh I do wanna see if the Iginla-flame connection happens (even if it might not be the right pick logically..)

Reactions: flames23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad