GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
On the one hand: I desperately want Kyvyny to trade pick to improve this team.
On the other: As a draft nerd, this is pretty cool. There are 7 players left with a round 1 grade from EP. (Last year had 22 A grades total).
Two picks in the top 11 ain’t bad to have.
Basha
Chernyshov
Stiga
Ritchie
Elick
Artamov
Brunnicke

Those 1st two seem really surprising to me. They won’t be at 42.
Stiga probably too.
The other four I could see. Not familiar with Artamov. Brunnicke is the kind of fun, home run swing that you should take with a gifted pick and stocked pool.

Miettinen and Elick would add to the snarly factor.
Hell yeah

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
If Cole Hutson is still available when it gets to us I'll be very disappointed if we don't use one of our picks. I know we have lots of D but he's special like his brother. He's bigger than his brother too.

Stiga is also a good pick. I thought he'd be gone already.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
On the other: As a draft nerd, this is pretty cool. There are 7 players left with a round 1 grade from EP. (Last year had 22 A grades total).
Basha
Chernyshov
Stiga
Ritchie
Elick
Artamov
Brunnicke

Stiga probably too.
The other four I could see. Not familiar with Artamov. Brunnicke is the kind of fun, home run swing that you should take with a gifted pick and stocked pool.

Hell yeah
There is also a team or two who go way off the board in the beginning of the second which may push those guys to us. I would also move up for Elick.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Basha
Chernyshov
Stiga
Ritchie
Elick
Artamov
Brunnicke

Stiga probably too.

Hell yeah

Artamonov has a lot of playmaking skills and is already productive in the KHL.

But he's 5'11". :laugh:

Reactions: truthbluth

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
@Old Navy Goat , who do you like for the Sabres today ?
Miettenen has been one of my guys for months. Elick is nasty to play against but worse offensively than Samuelsson. I like Jecho as he's a big boy that goes C/W. Bouilard is a C that next year people will go how did he slip as he was buried on his team. Basha is a play driving W which isn't a priority but he's good. Teddy Stiga is a bit undersized but he can play C up and down the lineup

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I'd like one RHD from one of our 2nds. Elick, Mews, Badinka, Kleber.

I've had a crush on Mustard. Artamonov would fit our recent run of Russian skill.

Do we grab the lotto ticket in Kiviharju to pair with his buddy Konsta?

Do we take the mulligan and get the younger Hutson?

Most controversially...Did the Leinonen pick spook Forton or will he return to the tactic of getting first crack at a G when we're flush with picks/prospects?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Excuse. If he cant trade for someone Today . Fire him . Sometime you need to make multiple trades to improve the roster. A good start can be someone like Marino and iafallo to fix some depth . You have 6 prospects now in Savoie Kulich ostlund rosen Johnson and Helenius . You cant have even more of them now. Try to make some trades and improve the roster
If nobody moves around the league, it is hard for me to hold Adams to that standard.

Marino could be a guy that NJ is talking about now, but are unwilling to move until post-7/1 and after they land Pesce. If they trade Marino today and then Pesce signs in Utah, NJ is in a really bad spot.

I would be more upset if 3 or 4 top 6 wingers moved yesterday and the game of musical chairs was over. But, we aren't anywhere close to that.

All the rumors were overblown. Much like last year. But, that doesn't stop fans from buying into the rumor mill driven by the need for clicks.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
“No one moved” isn’t a good enough excuse in year five. Part of the reason no one moves is that the team who has sat on cap space and prospects and picks the last three years is either unwilling or unable to complete trades. Don’t care what other teams do or don’t do. Things have to be done here. Or things have to be changed here.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
I've been hard on Adams for being incompetent when it comes to selling the Sabres team to other players and trades but if no other teams make trades for players during the draft then I can give Adams the benefit of the doubt here.

However there's no excuse for no trade before the draft and no excuse for no trades after. It will compound these egregious sins for an effort if other teams actually make trade for players today.
I'm keeping my powder dry until July 1. Find a 3C and re-build the 4th line then all is good. But that's the minimum that needs to be accomplished. If we can find top 6 winger that fits our needs, then that's icing on the cake.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'd like one RHD from one of our 2nds. Elick, Mews, Badinka, Kleber.

I've had a crush on Mustard. Artamonov would fit our recent run of Russian skill.

Do we grab the lotto ticket in Kiviharju to pair with his buddy Konsta?

Do we take the mulligan and get the younger Hutson?

Most controversially...Did the Leinonen pick spook Forton or will he return to the tactic of getting first crack at a G when we're flush with picks/prospects?
They took Ratzlaff, with the future in net presumably set for the next decade and Leionen and Ratzlaff developing into serviceable options, you still take one but imo, you take late stabs like Ratzlaff now 5,6,7 rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad