GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Anyone tempted to go MBN over Helenius btw ?

Forton's Sabres are going to be super talented in 3-4 years.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Barring an off-the-board selection in this last 8 picks, we're looking at back to back years without a 1st rounder from the Q.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
1719626580123.png

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Utah does have SO MANY picks. Needed to thin.

Their front office is looking positively hilarious matching like LDS with Carolina blue ties.
My (2nd) wife (non-LDS) grew up in PHX, AZ from age 6 or 7 through college (U of A in Tucson), then left for grad school, work, marriage, children, (before I was in the picture) etc. Her sister and parents moved east a couple years ago; her brother and sister in law still remain in PHX (Chandler / Mesa).

Supposedly there is either a state law or state custom that any school property be developed with a shared property line and open fence gate between the school and an LDS facility. School calendar is made to accommodate both scholastic and LDS scheduling and logistics.

Analogous to where I live in North Carolina where (maybe this has lapsed / changed) but scholastic sports were not scheduled on Wednesday afternoons / evenings because of Baptist instruction / fellowship, and the like.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
My (2nd) wife (non-LDS) grew up in PHX, AZ from age 6 or 7 through college (U of A in Tucson), then left for grad school, work, marriage, children, (before I was in the picture) etc. Her sister and parents moved east a couple years ago; her brother and sister in law still remain in PHX (Chandler / Mesa).

Supposedly there is either a state law or state custom that any school property be developed with a shared property line and open fence gate between the school and an LDS facility. School calendar is made to accommodate both scholastic and LDS scheduling and logistics.

Analogous to where I live in North Carolina where (maybe this has lapsed / changed) but scholastic sports were not scheduled on Wednesday afternoons / evenings because of Baptist instruction / fellowship, and the like.
Pretty much all the Jr High and High Schools have an LDS Church next door and the good Mormons will go there for Seminary 1hr a day, they had to take a personal hour not sure if thats changed now and they get some sort of elective credit.

Reactions: brian_griffin

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Chernyshev and Emery are the only guys I'd trade into the first for at this point. Maybe Elick.

Otherwise just make the picks (please trade one or both).

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Tempted yes, swayed no. I'd rather have had Hage if they wanted to go bigger.
I wanted a center. I always want centers. But in the draft previews from various sources I read,
1. There weren't any large / massive centers in the range BUF would be drafting.
2. To "reach" lower for the size wouldn't have been the proportionate tradeoff for skill.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Pretty much all the Jr High and High Schools have an LDS Church next door and the good Mormons will go there for Seminary 1hr a day, they had to take a personal hour not sure if thats changed now and they get some sort of elective credit.
Exactly as my wife described it 30+ years ago and persisting until +/- 2020 with the era of our niece and nephews graduating HS (2 families, 3 different schools).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad