GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He's been on a public tour all week saying how tradable this pick was. He failed.
The goal isn’t to trade the first. It’s to make legitimate trades. I have as much concern as anyone that KA will get that done, but he hasn’t failed yet. Will he? Probably.

But the 2024 first was just one of several possible trade chips

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Helenius please, if not MBN,
You got your wish!!
Buffalo on the clock... Cut to commercials!
Never fail, NHL, never fail.
It mightve been nice to see the Sabres branding on the outside of the sphere.
Thing reminds me of the Senate chamber in the Clone Wars or whatever prequel episode that was where Palpatine decalred executive powers.
Don't see how that could have possibly gone worse. Adams big important off-season off to a horrible start.
were you expecting a trade for McDavid?
We may all come to love this kid, but Adams is ineffective as a GM. The admission that they are trying to trade but can’t is such a bad look.
But is it really? What if they are pursuing a trade of the pick for an immediate contributor but the value in their eyes (cap, perceived contract value, term until RFA/UFA) isn't there? Is that an automatic indictment? While I grant that your view is a possibility, I just don't see it as an automatic conclusion.
I mean is anyone really surprised that Adams failed thus far? The quotes are out there that Adams can't get players to waive their NTC's to come to Buffalo because he can't sell. GM's see our massive prospect pool and are jealous so they rake his feet over the coals.
Those are dots that could be connected, but they can also be viewed as completely separate. I think the honest view is they must be treated as potentially mutually exclusive. The linkage / correlation isn't 100%. Not being an apologist for Adams, just don't see such a definitive linkage.
Lindy, change your mind.
To what event / comment tonight does this refer? (TV off, effin around on these boards, asking out of ignorance.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad