GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Would I have preferred Adams to trade 14 for NHL help now? Yes, yes I would.

Given that he didn't trade the pick, I think he made the best of it and took the best player and best fit for us.

IMO, that's not a "fail". Fail would have been trading the pick for a guy like Laughton.
He's been on a public tour all week saying how tradable this pick was. He failed.

Reactions: jd1970

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Remember, Adams traded Reinhart after the 1st round had finished that year. It's entirely possible he uses next year's 1st, or the 2nd he got from SJ, in a deal later tonight as well.

Or he doesn't do anything with it, and we'll have to see if he can swing a deal for a roster player over the weekend or after FA starts.

But either way, it's too early to judge this offseason.
I don't get why so many people were hung up on trading this pick specifically. The Sabres have a million prospects and young roster players. They can make any type of trade with them.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Exactly. Posted shit with a swastika on his social media AND has repeated, often talk about bullying teammates for years. f*** that.
Even if people want to give him a 4th chance or whatever, it is what it is.

But acting like it was some miraculous fall and great pick is so lame

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad