GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Some draft picks just don’t want to be acquired by Buffalo

Can't wait to hear Adams reaction when he gushes about Helenius for 5 minutes and then Harrington tell him "On the ESPN broadcast, you were described as "desperately" trying to trade this pick. How desperate were you to not draft him?"

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Ehh people would say the same thing if he got cooked on a trade because GMs knew he was desperate
Well of course. If you do your job and fail horribly, you'll rightfully be criticized, the same should happen with inaction. I don't have a problem with them keeping the pick, Helenius looks like a keeper. I do shake my head when I hear Adams is desperately trying to move the pick but just can't get a deal done.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Adams failed. Plain and simple. He failed, again.
Would I have preferred Adams to trade 14 for NHL help now? Yes, yes I would.

Given that he didn't trade the pick, I think he made the best of it and took the best player and best fit for us.

IMO, that's not a "fail". Fail would have been trading the pick for a guy like Laughton.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Why trade the pick if he hasnt gotten any trades near closing?
I dont mind the trading down in general but you usually do it right before you pick unless you trade pick.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I mean is anyone really surprised that Adams failed thus far? The quotes are out there that Adams can't get players to waive their NTC's to come to Buffalo because he can't sell. GM's see our massive prospect pool and are jealous so they rake his feet over the coals.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If Adams’ desperate intent was to trade the pick and it couldn’t be accomplished, it’s failure. It might be an acceptable consolation prize, but that’s not what you really want to see in a make or break summer

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Remember, Adams traded Reinhart after the 1st round had finished that year. It's entirely possible he uses next year's 1st, or the 2nd he got from SJ, in a deal later tonight as well.

Or he doesn't do anything with it, and we'll have to see if he can swing a deal for a roster player over the weekend or after FA starts.

But either way, it's too early to judge this offseason.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Remember, Adams traded Reinhart after the 1st round had finished that year. It's entirely possible he uses next year's 1st, or the 2nd he got from SJ, in a deal later tonight as well.

Or he doesn't do anything with it, and we'll have to see if he can swing a deal for a roster player over the weekend or after FA starts.

But either way, it's too early to judge this offseason.
Every step you take
Every move you dont make
We will be posting about you

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm gonna need to see these quotes that directly attribute Adams' ability to sell to the not-waiving of NTCs
You don't need to see a direct quote to know. Are you honestly gonna still sit here and play the NTC victim card while telling me that every single player that Adams calls just says no without listening to a sales pitch?

Players waive NTC's to go where they feel like they can get the most out of their career. If Adams can't sell anyone on Buffalo as is, he clearly won't be able to close deals either and we are seeing that every single minute.

The 'He tried' memes are so very accurate and paint a large picture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad