Dougie Hamilton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
I know shot location isn't *everything* but it doesn't mean nothing either. Look where this team is shooting from when Wallmark is on the ice. I don't think he'll ever be a crazy goal scorer but he seems to help generate a lot of offense.

wallmlu95

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

This mindset is so f***ing insane I want to slap aho.

Almost every single hockey nickname is literally adding -ie to a guys last name. Staalsy. Rosie. For f***s sake, Gaudreau goes by Johnny.

But when it’s dougie all of the sudden people lose their minds.

Last edited:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I know shot location isn't *everything* but it doesn't mean nothing either. Look where this team is shooting from when Wallmark is on the ice. I don't think he'll ever be a crazy goal scorer but he seems to help generate a lot of offense.

I think you're primarily looking at the effects of Svechnikov with that graphic. Wallmark is just lucky enough to be on the same line as him most of the time.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I liked him as part of the big picture from day one. I really liked that having him took some pressure off of Slavin and Pesce and to me DeHaan is the best thing we’ve done so far. We really needed that guy. I don’t want Dougie to be traded, I think the d group needed him. When he’s playing well it’s obvious why.

He shouldn’t have been needed to be the one to get us a top six forward so I really hope Faulk becomes that guy. I’ve said it before and I still hold to it, I’d be fine with TVR being the one to go and we keep the top three. It makes us a better team. We wouldn’t get the forward out of it though.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I liked him as part of the big picture from day one. I really liked that having him took some pressure off of Slavin and Pesce and to me DeHaan is the best thing we’ve done so far. We really needed that guy. I don’t want Dougie to be traded, I think the d group needed him. When he’s playing well it’s obvious why.

He shouldn’t have been needed to be the one to get us a top six forward so I really hope Faulk becomes that guy. I’ve said it before and I still hold to it, I’d be fine with TVR being the one to go and we keep the top three. It makes us a better team. We wouldn’t get the forward out of it though.

I think 2 RHD need to go, if there is hope of signing Fox. Fox hasn't signed to this point bc he was blocked from NHL minutes by Calgary by all accounts. We need to make room for him.

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2016
In the past 5 games (Canes win streak) Dougie has averaged 15:44 TOI which is 5th among Canes D

Before the win streak Dougie was averaging 20:09 per game

Is this decrease in ice time the cause of his increased quality of play?

Reactions: SvechNecas
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
In the past 5 games (Canes win streak) Dougie has averaged 15:44 TOI which is 5th among Canes D

Before the win streak Dougie was averaging 20:09 per game

Is this decrease in ice time the cause of his increased quality of play?

Considering his value is as an offensive player, if he is getting easier minutes against lower lines, I see no reason that wouldn’t be an advantage just as it is for forwards playing against good matchups.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad