Doughty Vs Keith

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will have had the better career by the time they both retire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Keith is done now so it depends on if DD signs with an up and coming contender or not. Although I think DD is better, he's behind Keith in achievements currently.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Overall career will probably be Doughty just because he’ll have a longer peak, Keith was a late bloomer. But in their primes? It’s pretty much dead even, you really couldn’t go wrong with either of them.

Kinda depends on Doughty's level of play here on out as well as his longevity imo. If he can play at a high level until his late 30s, he will likely have the superior career. Keith has certainly racked up the accolades so even then it's not a sure thing, but if Drew has an NHL career from 18-38 and stays remotely close to this level, it would be tough to pick DK even if they're close in raw talent/ability.

It's sort of a pseudo Lidstrom-Bourque thing for me--both obviously alltimers, phenomenal d-men, but Bourque's longevity matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: olli and wintersej

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Doughty is a little over 100pts back...and he is 6 years younger.
Id be willing to bet he ends up with at least 150+pts more than Keith at the end of it

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Doughty will probably have the better career, since Keith was a late bloomer and is on the decline, while Doughty still looks to have plenty of gas in the tank.

At their peaks (to date), it's basically a coin-flip but I'd probably give Keith the edge by the slimmest of margins just cause the 2015 Conn Smythe cup run was one of the most insane performances I've seen.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Their NHL and International career’s in comparison, besides juniors cause i don’t really value that so much, even tho i do understand it also is part of their career.

Duncan Keith
:
3x Stanley Cups
2x Norris
1x Conn Smythe
2x NHL First All-Star team
1x NHL Second All-Star team
2x OG gold

Drew Doughty:

2x Stanley Cup
1x Norris
2x NHL Second All-Star Team
2x OG Gold
1x World Cup

I think advantage in the NHL goes to Keith and it’s kinda not close either, i don’t see Doughty winning another Norris, Conn Smythe or Cup, and the fact their NHL PPG’s are 0,55 and 0,54, and Doughty is on the decline as of now too, so he could end up with worse PPG when it’s all said and done.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Great question. They both soent years as the best dman in the league.

Right now keith.

Long term if doughty regains his elitebplay, doughty. If he continues his decline it will stay keith.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Their NHL and International career’s in comparison, besides juniors cause i don’t really value that so much, even tho i do understand it also is part of their career.

Duncan Keith
:
3x Stanley Cups
2x Norris
1x Conn Smythe
1x NHL Second All-Star team
2x OG gold

Drew Doughty:

2x Stanley Cup
1x Norris
2x NHL Second All-Star Team
2x OG Gold
1x World Cup

I think advantage in the NHL goes to Keith and it’s kinda not close either, i don’t see Doughty winning another Norris, Conn Smythe or Cup, and the fact their NHL PPG’s are 0,55 and 0,54, and Doughty is on the decline as of now too, so he could end up with worse PPG when it’s all said and done.
Sure their points are close. And DK was good defensively. But Doughty was the best dman in the league defensively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad