Confirmed with Link: Don Waddell Resigns not be confused with Re-Sign

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Tulsky may be the brains but Don is the guy at the poker table with the sunglasses and the poker face.

Would be a loss.

Btw: If standing in DW’s shoes a bunch of his work in the near term will be bureaucratic crap handling the renovations etc that takes him away from hockey stuff. Good time to leave.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Anyway, we'll see where it all goes. Waddell might certainly be able to go get an easier job with less hassles from above. Not certain that means it'd be a better job by any means. In most cases, it likely isn't a better situation. Columbus probably has even more negatives than our franchise did when Waddell took over, and that's saying something.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Waddell leaving doesn’t mean much for the group, imo
This comment?

“The management team hasn’t been great. Just matching their bad with good”

Anyway, we'll see where it all goes. Waddell might certainly be able to go get an easier job with less hassles from above. Not certain that means it'd be a better job by any means. In most cases, it likely isn't a better situation. Columbus probably has even more negatives than our franchise did when Waddell took over, and that's saying something.
JD is a Great guy and wonderful to work with.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I had heard last week that Waddell was a top frontrunner and possibly expected to take the job in Columbus. So, yeah...

This one has a very realistic chance of happening

Reactions: DaveG

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
you guys kidding me right? Good riddance , hes partly reason the Thrashers are no longer here , bad trades , this one still burns , Hamilton (choker) for 2 promising players that signed contracts we could have handle anyhow , i hope they are searching for a new GM before He does like JR and Eddie Johnston did to us , i would want an ex Player GM i would offer the job to Joel Quennville ex Whaler and Keep this Tulsky guy if we need to ....is he our version of that Moneyball guy lol

• Wow
Reactions: poobags

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad