Dominik Hasek number to be retired in Buffalo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
While for many it is one of those "About damn time" moments for one reason or another, I am just glad it is finally happening. Though there was a rocky end to Hasek's run in Buffalo I cannot help but appreciate and respect him for doing all he did to keep us a contender when we had no business to be. I am honestly just happy he stuck around for as long as he did.

I think it is fitting it is against his next team the Detroit Red Wings. I think it really proved his greatness when he was the Cup the very next year he left the Sabres. Though that Red Wings team was mighty stacked it is still quite an accomplishment regardless.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Meh.

If they're gonna retire players of Hasek's caliber, they will run out of numbers pretty quickly.

I really hope a sarcasm emoticon isn't needed here.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Thought this was already done. Or announced.
It was announced but it's happening tonight.

I fully expect Hasek to keep his word and take off his Buffalo sweater and put on a Red Wings one since he told Buffalo fans he was retiring as a Red Wing after being traded to them.

klikkar

Apr 30, 2009
Brno
one interesting thing, both goalies starting that game, Neuvirth and Mrazek, are Czech. Couldn't pan out better :) :handclap:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
IMO the greatest goalie to ever play and could very well be the greatest there ever will be. As worthy as anyone to get his number retired.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
The dude retired from hockey 3 years ago. It's not like it's been a decade :laugh:

Best of all-time.

Selanne retired last year and his number was retired almost instantly.

Speaking of which, is this ceremony going to be as long?

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I see what you did there.

I almost didn't see what they did there and I almost raged out. :laugh:

Sabres fan tuning in for a long overdue ceremony for Dom, then probably turning off what is sure to be a disappointing game. :laugh:

I know he won his cups in Detroit (which makes tonight's match up really special for Dom) but he will always be a Sabre to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad