Does our 5th pick play NHL for the Habs next season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you feel has the best shot at playing in the NHL next season?

• Demidov

• Lindstrom

• Any one of those D

• Iginla

• Catton

• Sennecke

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I would agree on this but I also thought that with KK. I hope we allow whoever we pick to develop in piece. Gain momentum/confidence the right way.

If Demidov didn't have a KHL contract, he would be probably be playing NHL. More about not wanting any Russian team to try to convince him to stay. Curious to see if Michkov can get out of his contract.

That was the last management team. This team is a LOT wiser.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Couldnt Demidov buyout his last year if he wanted to? Michkov is rumoured to do it for his two last years… Why not Demidov? Im sure Bobrov has the contacts to make something workout. Whats the point for SKA to burry him for nothing in the MHL next year if he absolutely doesnt wish to extend? They could just get a couple of hundreds thousands dollars instead

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
My opinion: Best chance of playing in the NHL next season is Celebrini, then Dickinson and Levshunov.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Might be less this year considering Dmen take a bit longer than forwards , and the top 10 is pretty d heavy

At glance it's like 95% of dman not playing their D+1 in the NHL. But not sure if it would stop teams like Chicago or Buffalo to do whatever the f*** they want. :laugh:

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Couldnt Demidov buyout his last year if he wanted to? Michkov is rumoured to do it for his two last years… Why not Demidov? Im sure Bobrov has the contacts to make something workout. Whats the point for SKA to burry him for nothing in the MHL next year if he absolutely doesnt wish to extend? They could just get a couple of hundreds thousands dollars instead

You need to give 1.5 years notice prior to the effective date of the buyout. From what Rotenberg has said about Demidov publicly, SKA seems to really like Demidov and would like to extend him.​

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Out of the D, I think Buium and Levshunov would have the best chance, although I still doubt it happens for either, regardless of what team takes them. I don’t see any of the forwards playing in the NHL next year.

Zero chance that Buium makes opening day roster because he can't try out and play in pre season games. Levshunov is also in the same boat although I am not sure if being Russian will make him more likely to forfeit his NCAA eligibility and attempt to make an NHL roster.....I doubt it.

Dickinson and Iginla will have outside chances but they are likely going back to junior, especially Iginla. The other obvious one is Helenius but I am not sure what his contract status is or what he has committed to.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Depends who we pick. Demidov no, Parekh no, Buium yes, Iginla maybe leaning no, same with Lindstrom.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Almost every year, someone drafted in the later rounds shows he can stick in the NHL in a sheltered roll. That’s who I am looking to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad