Does anyone know how the home-ice advantage system works?

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
If the Jets end up playing Calgary in the playoffs do we get home-ice advantage or do they because they were placed higher in the seed? I'm a little confused about this considering we are a wild-card team even though we have more points than them. Can someone clarify this?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If the Jets end up playing Calgary in the playoffs do we get home-ice advantage or do they because they were placed higher in the seed? I'm a little confused about this considering we are a wild-card team even though we have more points than them. Can someone clarify this?

Calgary will get home ice advantage. The division seeding is used in rd 1 & 2. Rd 3 & 4 use standings. The only team we could have home ice advantage with is Pittsburgh if we both make the SCF.

simcity

Apr 8, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary will get home ice advantage. The division seeding is used in rd 1 & 2. Rd 3 & 4 use standings. The only team we could have home ice advantage with is Pittsburgh if we both make the SCF.

What I hate is that Calgary gets the advantage of home ice if we play them and they will pick ahead of us in the draft. At the very least it should be consistent, if they get home ice on seeding, then we should be lower than them on seeding for the draft order.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
What I hate is that Calgary gets the advantage of home ice if we play them and they will pick ahead of us in the draft. At the very least it should be consistent, if they get home ice on seeding, then we should be lower than them on seeding for the draft order.

I thought draft order was based on how you finished in the playoffs except
for the teams that didn't make the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad