Does Anybody Else Find An Effective 8:30 ET Start Time Horrendous?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
It sucks getting home from work and it's already three minutes into the 2nd period, but I am not gonna start a thread about it.

It would also suck getting home from work and you have 5 minutes to get to the game

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I don't like the 30 minutes of pregame nonsense, but given that a Mountain Time Zone team is in the finals, the start really does need to be at 830 or later.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I don't care when it is but could they at least list it correctly on the website? It always says 8 pm when I look and then I sit down to watch the game, I'm treated to a bunch of poems from Ron Maclean or interviews from some oiler fan wearing a pineapple on their head.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The problem with a late start time is if there ends up being multiple periods of overtime...

At a time when audience numbers should swell due to the drama that comes with OT, viewers are dropping like flies as they have to get up in 5 or 6 hours...

Last edited:

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
I remember the NHL used to start 9pm ET for SCF in 93 when LA host a home game. Canucks also started 9pm ET when hosting a home game during weekday. This is best you could do for Eastern base team with 8pm ET starting time for years.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It is timed out to where the game usually ends right before the 11 pm local news without a 15 minute gap where viewers drop off. It is so the local affiliates get the lead in audience from the game.

It has been this way for 30+ years.

I remember the NHL used to start 9pm ET for SCF in 93 when LA host a home game. Canucks also started 9pm ET when hosting a home game during weekday. This is best you could do for Eastern base team with 8pm ET starting time for years.
1993 was before the league had a US broadcast tv contract.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
They should start the game once the OP is home in his chair and had time to go to the bathroom and grab a beer and then pushes the "THE GAME IS NOW ALLOWED TO START" button...anything else should be a public humiliating grandiose torture.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
probably more of a young/old thing imo. when I was young didnt matter when the games start. Now ill watch a weekday caps game starting at 7 till a little over midway through the 2nd and then peace. Late games arent a thing and really dont have interest. Superbowl is the same way. Rather sleep then stay up for sports.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Nobody cares that Albertans need to hurry from work to watch the game. You'll still watch it. Meanwhile, you're losing millions in viewership from the east. Do you know how many people live in New York, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Quebec, Ontario, etc. combined? A lot. That's how much viewership you're losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad