Do you support the postponement of games?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you support the postponement of games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I support it cause the players do, I don't know if it will cause change. A couple delayed games is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Now cancelling the entire playoffs would mean something and have the possibility of change.

Reactions: Declassified

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I'm not sure how stopping a few sports games will affect any real change. I don't really support it, but at the same time im extremely indifferent towards weather or not hockey or any other sports take place and I cannot view it through a lens of systemic change.

Reactions: Admiral Awesome

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I don't but I respect both sides. I think the NBA players doing it was a lot more personal and necessary. Whereas the NHL was just piggybacking to appease people. I think you need to do what you think is right, not do something out of fear you will be criticized. I know espn was criticizing the league last night but they care more about basket weaving than hockey so let them.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Nope. Nhl caved and gave a fruitless gesture. Nhl needs to man up and 50% of yhe coaches gms, scouts and owners need to be black or the league will not start up again

Reactions: ru4reals

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
I would agree if the reason had merit for the postponement. A police incident that was violent that involved a black person is not a reason to not play sports or protest for that matter.

So no i dont agree with this postponement at all.

Reactions: RememberTheName

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The players are using the only leverage they have to try to get the owners/big donors in some cases to try to help implement changes. If they collectively believe they are doing the right thing, then I'm fine with it.

People saying "well, how are no sports going to change it?" But guess what, it is not like them playing has led to change either, or a 1000 other things done. Maybe people like the Devos's who are in Trumps inner circle may be forced to listen to these voices when they are losing money.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think they should postpone tomorrow's games for Indigenous Peoples and the systemic racism they face every day.

They should postpone Saturday's games for women and the systemic sexism they face every day.

On Sunday, they should postpone games for the Uighurs, who are being forcibly sent to reeducation centers.

On Monday, they should postpone games for Dalits, the formerly untouchable class of Indians, who face systemic casteism on a daily basis.

Tuesday, I think we should postpone games for Ahmadiyya, a sect of Muslims considered to be heretics by conservative Muslims, who are facing systemic discrimination every day in Pakistan and to a lesser degree in Muslim communities across the world.

In fact, just cancel the season.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If a symbolic gesture signals to people that they're at least being heard, then maybe its more than symbolic.

Postponing a night of games is a tiny price to pay to show people you are acknowledge issues they are facing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad