Confirmed with Link: Dmitri Samorukov traded to St. Louis for RW Klim Kostin

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I put it in the main thread but Kostin is very much a has tools no toolbox type. He can bang, he can fight, and he has a decent shot. If he can put it all together he’d be very nice….but it’s a big if at this point. He should’ve been perfect in a Berube system but the drive didn’t always seem to be there.

I hope he pans out for you guys, I was always a fan and hoped it worked out.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I put it in the main thread but Kostin is very much a has tools no toolbox type. He can bang, he can fight, and he has a decent shot. If he can put it all together he’d be very nice….but it’s a big if at this point. He should’ve been perfect in a Berube system but the drive didn’t always seem to be there.

I hope he pans out for you guys, I was always a fan and hoped it worked out.

Is he good defensively? Or is he a busy body who just runs around and hits things and gets burned consistently for being in the wrong places.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Have to say I probably prefer the Russian who plays D and came over to North America as a junior age to develop his game. Unfortunately with two young LD ahead of him on a mature phase organization trying to win deep, Samorukov is locked out.

This shifts some organization depth to forward. Not sure the Oil gain much in this deal.

Reactions: PBandJ

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don't think Kostin is very good. Tyler Benson is more productive than Kostin at the AHL level so i don't see what Kostin brings to the table except that he's 6'4.
Kostin can play oh and he’s tough. A lot more suited for bottom 6 than a player like Benson.

Not a huge fan of the trade. Samo has more upside imo
Read wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad