Series Discussion Division Finals vs Colorado Avalanche | STARS WIN 4-2

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
It's one game, we looked very good in the first and OT.

The team, especially the defense, looked tired in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Colorado has talent that can generate offense at will. We're not gonna be able to get a lead and sit back like we could against Vegas.

I'm not too worried right now. If we lose game 2, then the alarms can go off. But I still feel like we can take this series in 6 games.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
It's one game, we looked very good in the first and OT.

The team, especially the defense, looked tired in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Colorado has talent that can generate offense at will. We're not gonna be able to get a lead and sit back like we could against Vegas.

I'm not too worried right now. If we lose game 2, then the alarms can go off. But I still feel like we can take this series in 6 games.
Yeah, if we go down 2-0 in this series we're absolutely not coming back like we did against Vegas.

Deboer has to stop this 5D crap, one way or another.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
But how? What can he do? Do you really think playing Lundkvist more is going to yield better results?
Yes. There are literally worse d-men playing in these very playoffs, including on Colorado, this whole schtick is absurd.

There is no alternate universe where this team wins the Cup playing 5D. Deboer isn't playing 5D chess here. Hes already worn those 5D out playing them through 8 games.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I realize there is a lot to be desired on the AHL roster but there has to be someone you can give a shot to be that 6th defenseman. DeBoer clearly does not want Nils and I can see why. The guy is small and out of position at time which becomes costly. But give someone else a shot and see if they can take the role. Waiting for Hakanpaa insane.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I realize there is a lot to be desired on the AHL roster but there has to be someone you can give a shot to be that 6th defenseman. DeBoer clearly does not want Nils and I can see why. The guy is small and out of position at time which becomes costly. But give someone else a shot and see if they can take the role. Waiting for Hakanpaa insane.

Nils isn't all negative, this line of thought is ridiculous.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Nils isn't all negative, this line of thought is ridiculous.
There is not a lot of his game that is good these days. There is an NHL coaching staff not just DeBoer who would rather play 5 defenders to keep him off the ice. Yall need to stop covering up for this guy. Trades don’t always go your way. Nils was a bad trade move on. Quit trying to force an AHL guy into an NHL lineup cause of what Nill paid for him.

Lundkvist does not belong on this playoff roster. I doubt you will find a worse defenseman left in the playoffs.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
There is not a lot of his game that is good these days. There is an NHL coaching staff not just DeBoer who would rather play 5 defenders to keep him off the ice. Yall need to stop covering up for this guy. Trades don’t always go your way. Nils was a bad trade move on. Quit trying to force an AHL guy into an NHL lineup cause of what Nill paid for him.

Lundkvist does not belong on this playoff roster. I doubt you will find a worse defenseman left in the playoffs.
You going the other extreme doesn't really make your case a good one. Hes not an AHL player, he can hang in the NHL. Jack Johnson is still in these playoffs.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
You going the other extreme doesn't really make your case a good one. Hes not an AHL player, he can hang in the NHL. Jack Johnson is still in these playoffs.
It’s not on me if you can’t see reality. My point is valid and you don’t want to accept it. There is a coaching staff backing this point. Just cause you don’t agree with my point does not make it a bad one. We can agree to disagree. But it is a good point.

I would rather jack johnson at his old age. So would DeBoer probably. This team is waiting for Hakanpaa to come back and round out the d core. Let that sink in for a minute. Hakanpaa. He was awful this year. Yet they would rather an awful Jani over Nils.

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
It’s not on me if you can’t see reality. My point is valid and you don’t want to accept it. There is a coaching staff backing this point. Just cause you don’t agree with my point does not make it a bad one. We can agree to disagree. But it is a good point.

I would rather jack johnson at his old age. So would DeBoer probably. This team is waiting for Hakanpaa to come back and round out the d core. Let that sink in for a minute. Hakanpaa. He was awful this year. Yet they would rather an awful Jani over Nils.
Just because coaches think its the right choice doesn't mean it is. JJ played 10 minutes last night. Surely Nils can handle 10 minutes.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014

No you wouldn't, or you clearly haven't watched JJ.

The minute Hakanpaa comes back, and they stop rolling 5d, that 3rd pairing is going to hemorrhage goals against. We saw this movie during the regular season and it's Sharknado bad.
Nils isn't good, but he's not sheltered 4mins a night bad either.
Hakanpaa is only slightly better overall than Nils.
in a vacuum, if you think Nils is a player that shouldn't play more than 4mins, then Hakanpaa would be a player that shouldn't play more than 5 mins.
The problem is Hakanpaa will get 10-15mins, and be the liability DeBoer thinks Nils is, but will never ride the bench for his mistakes.

Last edited:

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
jesus f***, really?
Hahaha, yup. f***in crazy right? And a video game too

Screenshot_20240508_145843_Brave~2.jpg

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Saw this in a sportsnet article. Had no idea Miros numbers were that good.

The 24-year-old Finn, who finished seventh in Norris Trophy voting last season, has quietly gone about sitting fifth all-time in points per game amongst NHL defencemen under age 25 at .71 PPG.

The four ahead of him: Bobby Orr, Paul Coffey, Makar and Sandis Ozolinsh.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

The 24-year-old Finn, who finished seventh in Norris Trophy voting last season, has quietly gone about sitting fifth all-time in points per game amongst NHL defencemen under age 25 at .71 PPG.

This must have some unstated qualifiers built in around a minimum number of games played because this list isn't complete. Both Quinn Hughes and Adam Fox would be higher. Zubov would be higher. Those were the first three names I looked at, and all three had better than .71 PPG before age 25.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
This must have some unstated qualifiers built in around a minimum number of games played because this list isn't complete. Both Quinn Hughes and Adam Fox would be higher. Zubov would be higher. Those were the first three names I looked at, and all three had better than .71 PPG before age 25.
It must be 23-25 year olds or something. I thought of Quinn right away. Still impressive.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014

I think it's referring to playoff PPG

Reactions: Kipper 17

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think it's referring to playoff PPG
It is, but even there Zubov was 0.94 PPG in the playoffs before age 25 with 30 points in 32 games. Hughes is 0.79 in 24 GP, and Fox was 1.00 in 23 GP.

Miro has played 75 playoff games already, so that's why I think there's some games played number being used to limit the list.

Reactions: Elysian

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Wanna give a shoutout to Robo who got a lot of flak (deservingly) the first 2 rounds last year.

He's remade himself into a power forward near-PPG playoff guy this year. Not relying on his shot anymore and turning into more of a set up man while also providing Selke calibur defense and big hits. What a transformation.

Dude remains one of the smartest players in the NHL year to year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad