OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Uno

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Agreed. I would've said group F is the toughest but it seems rather balanced this year. Who are you guys rooting for?

@ovikovy817 I assume you'll root for Russia and/or Belgium?

Russia.
I'll root for Belgium only if I leave the country for a month. :laugh:
Being a football fan/Man U fan/fan of english football fans/ since I'm 5 years old,... football is very important, and I don't like people who only supports teams when they win, people who only can name Messi and Ronaldo (like my every female friends lol, and even some guys lol).

I'm in Belgium since late 2000, and I remember well the period when Belgium NT was not good. When the channels didn't want to broadcast games during prime time because nobody was following the team. The time when even a top opponent couldn't full the stadium @ 50%
Now, those people are suddenly became members in the fan club, buying everything with a belgian NT logo.

And the media started already to talking about the easy road to 1/4 (what is true) but don't be so arrogant.
Like in 2016, I've watched every games with russian channels, but during the break of Belgium-Wales (I was rooting for Belgium), I decided to put the belgian channel to see what they were talking about.
"It's just a matter of time" ; "We're better" ; "we'll be in 1/2" and so on. After those 30 seconds, In the 2nd half, I was rooting for Wales.:ha:

The only possibility to me to root for Belgium, it's if they play against France LOL. Having a lot of french TV channels, and watching and following those channels, on social media too, I know that it will be hard to support them during 2 years, if they beat Belgium. It will be even harder if they meet in the final.:laugh:

In fact the only reason I don't want them to win just because of those people and the media.:huh:

But well, I won't root against theim neither.
Looking at the schedule, if they win their group, Belgium will play the last game of the day in Round of 16, and I'll certainly go out with my friends and root for them at the central place to see the game on the giant screen. Like it was the case in 2014 against USA.:popcorn:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Russia.
I'll root for Belgium only if I leave the country for a month. :laugh:
Being a football fan/Man U fan/fan of english football fans/ since I'm 5 years old,... football is very important, and I don't like people who only supports teams when they win, people who only can name Messi and Ronaldo (like my every female friends lol, and even some guys lol).

I'm in Belgium since late 2000, and I remember well the period when Belgium NT was not good. When the channels didn't want to broadcast games during prime time because nobody was following the team. The time when even a top opponent couldn't full the stadium @ 50%
Now, those people are suddenly became members in the fan club, buying everything with a belgian NT logo.

And the media started already to talking about the easy road to 1/4 (what is true) but don't be so arrogant.
Like in 2016, I've watched every games with russian channels, but during the break of Belgium-Wales (I was rooting for Belgium), I decided to put the belgian channel to see what they were talking about.
"It's just a matter of time" ; "We're better" ; "we'll be in 1/2" and so on. After those 30 seconds, In the 2nd half, I was rooting for Wales.:ha:

The only possibility to me to root for Belgium, it's if they play against France LOL. Having a lot of french TV channels, and watching and following those channels, on social media too, I know that it will be hard to support them during 2 years, if they beat Belgium. It will be even harder if they meet in the final.:laugh:

In fact the only reason I don't want them to win just because of those people and the media.:huh:

But well, I won't root against theim neither.
Looking at the schedule, if they win their group, Belgium will play the last game of the day in Round of 16, and I'll certainly go out with my friends and root for them at the central place to see the game on the giant screen. Like it was the case in 2014 against USA.:popcorn:

Heh, I see. Russia being the home nation, you guys can't let this one slip like you did in hockey at the Sochi Olympics ;)

As for us French, it's been 20 years already since 1998. I used to live in Paris back then, and even though I was 2 years old, I still remember the celebrations around the capital. Last year's loss in the finals against Portugal was a disappointment, especially after defeating Germany. Our national squad is as good as it's ever been, we have a ton of talented players. It's time to win again :D

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Heh, I see. Russia being the home nation, you guys can't let this one slip like you did in hockey at the Sochi Olympics ;)

As for us French, it's been 20 years already since 1998. I used to live in Paris back then, and even though I was 2 years old, I still remember the celebrations around the capital. Last year's loss in the finals against Portugal was a disappointment, especially after defeating Germany. Our national squad is as good as it's ever been, we have a ton of talented players. It's time to win again :D

98, the first World Cup that I remeber. :heart: Every match had something special
Norway beating the title holder
Nigeria beating Spain, what a team with West, Okocha, Oliseh
Argentina 5-0 Jamaica. a russian music band even made a song about that game.:laugh:
Iran beating USA
"blond" romanian guys :laugh:
Beckham's goal against Colombia
Owen's goal against Argentina, out of this world, how many times little boys tried to do the same run playing with their friends after this :naughty:
Of course, the red card for Becks :cry: . I still hate Nielsen and Simeone:banghead::banghead:
Salas + Zamorano duo
Batigol + Ortega duo
Klinsmann + Bierhoff duo
Jorge Campos
That Yougoslavian team :amazed: Mijatovic, Mihaljovic, Stojkovic, Milosevic, Kovacevic, Stankovic, Jugovic
Lucky french in 1/8 and 1/4
Thuram's celebration in 1/2
That final, couldn't believe that Brazil lost.
And of course, that Croatian team :heart: Their jersey, was the first that I ever had :heart: Suker, Boban, Bilic, Prosinecki, Simic, Soldo

Nostalgia :nod: Best World Cup ever.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
98, the first World Cup that I remeber. :heart: Every match had something special
Norway beating the title holder
Nigeria beating Spain, what a team with West, Okocha, Oliseh
Argentina 5-0 Jamaica. a russian music band even made a song about that game.:laugh:
Iran beating USA
"blond" romanian guys :laugh:
Beckham's goal against Colombia
Owen's goal against Argentina, out of this world, how many times little boys tried to do the same run playing with their friends after this :naughty:
Of course, the red card for Becks :cry: . I still hate Nielsen and Simeone:banghead::banghead:
Salas + Zamorano duo
Batigol + Ortega duo
Klinsmann + Bierhoff duo
Jorge Campos
That Yougoslavian team :amazed: Mijatovic, Mihaljovic, Stojkovic, Milosevic, Kovacevic, Stankovic, Jugovic
Lucky french in 1/8 and 1/4
Thuram's celebration in 1/2
That final, couldn't believe that Brazil lost.
And of course, that Croatian team :heart: Their jersey, was the first that I ever had :heart: Suker, Boban, Bilic, Prosinecki, Simic, Soldo

Nostalgia :nod: Best World Cup ever.

1998 was memorable. It featured arguably the best players of all time. The top end talent was unmatched. Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, Del Piero, Gigi Buffon, Thierry Henry, Bergkamp, Scholes...

Great memories. Let's hope for another memorable WC.

Reactions: ovikovy817

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Masterpiece from Jose. But that red card ****. Not happy as should be
It was unintentional. Trying to touch the ball and pass Bellerin on the right but his foot wasn't long enough.

Unreal Arsenal lost that game. Possession was 75/25. Shots 33(15) to 8(4)...always happy to see the Gunners lose, but that was some mystical stuff.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Unreal Arsenal lost that game. Possession was 75/25. Shots 33(15) to 8(4)...always happy to see the Gunners lose, but that was some mystical stuff.

I don't agree. We had control of the game. Man U scored 2 in 10 minutes, and then gave the ball to Arsenal. Or maybe someone thought Man U will run like crazy for 90+ minutes @ Arsenal, where the gunners were perfect until saturday???
When Arsenal cut the lead, Man U, push back and had few chances and then Lingard scored again. With another 2 goal advantage, they go back to their strategy of wait and see. After the red card, it was obvious MU will not push for a 3rd time.

15 shots, but only 2 really dangerous, (on the same action), when De Gea stopped Lacazette and then Alexis with his feet.

stats, advanced stats don't mean anything. With LVG we had also 70% in 99% of the games, but the result wasn't there

And if we had another score and not 0-2 after 10 minutes, the stats would be more equal.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Even the match commentators were making jokes about that goal refusing to be scored by on.

Arsenal clearly dominated. Not taking anything away, just an observation.

If only having the ball 25% was the strategy, then it worked lol....;)

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, after following football for 20+ years I just discovered that you are declared as winner if you have more ball possession % and not if you have more goals :sarcasm:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well, after following football for 20+ years I just discovered that you are declared as winner if you have more ball possession % and not if you have more goals :sarcasm:

Yeah because I said possession advantage means winning. SMH. Don’t get all uppity because you don’t like an opinion.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Apparently it never happened. Man U dominated the entire time.

I didn't say Man U dominated, I did say Man U controled the game. It's different.
Up by 2, no need to rush playing away. You can let them come. When Arsenal scored, Man U started to play football again and scored another one.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve watched Jose enough to know his strategies, trust me. Get the lead, park the bus. That’ll probably be good enough for 2nd place....trophies....that’s another story IMO

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
1 year, 3 trophies. Not that bad.

Any important ones? ;) And I meant this season. No Europa League to hang your hat on. Before you get all bent out of shape, I’m just busting chops. Probably shouldn’t be since Chelsea is playing Atlético as I type this.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Any important ones? ;) And I meant this season. No Europa League to hang your hat on. Before you get all bent out of shape, I’m just busting chops. Probably shouldn’t be since Chelsea is playing Atlético as I type this.

EL is an European trophy, I'm pretty sure you were celebrating it in 2013 too. We never won this one, so we added that one to our museum
+ That trophy gave us an opportunity to play in this year CL.

-----

If Spartak doesn't disappoint Liverpool tomorrow, it will be an historic moment. For the first time 5 teams from a same country to qualify for the Round of 16 in CL.

MU, MC, TOT are already winners of their groups. Normally Liverpool should win it too. So it means Chelsea will have only 3 possible opponets in Round of 16, PSG, Barcelona or Besiktas.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Nah wasn’t singing from the rooftops after the EL win...sorry. The qualifier ticket the next year is the big deal for sure.

Now the EPL championship, or winning Europe...absolutely. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad