Dion Phaneuf discussion thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
It was clear as day that Phaneuf was playing extremely banged up. There's no way that he plays that poorly during a game 7 elimination game.

What bothers me is; why wasn't he taken out of the game or sat at least towards the end?? It was clear he wasn't on his game.

meh

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
This place is a joke. Blaming phaneuf for goals that came from the point, for not shoving Zdheno ****ING Chara out of the front of the net, for falling over while battling in corners when he was almost playing on 1 leg after a shot block... While carrying this whole defensive core on his back, with no 2nd pairing and two 3rd pairings. Disgusted in some of you.

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
It was clear as day that Phaneuf was playing extremely banged up. There's no way that he plays that poorly during a game 7 elimination game.

What bothers me is; why wasn't he taken out of the game or sat at least towards the end?? It was clear he wasn't on his game.

meh

Yeah I suspect Dion is playing injured...The lost should be on Carlye

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Honestly people like you piss me off so much. This guys is a garbage captain. The other three that I have watched and can remember(Clark, Gilmour, and Sundin) are on a completely different planet than this goof.

And why exactly is he a bad captain? You blame all the wrong on him and credit all the good elsewhere. Can't have that double standard. You blame a late game collapse on the captain, but where does the rally from down 3-1 get attributed too? You just want a scapegoat and you picked one.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Carlyle double shifted phaneuf for the tying goal.

Should have switched up the D, played phaneuf for the last 30 seconds if they got the chance to clear.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org

meh

quit making excuses for him, he plays this bad defensively all the time. ALL THE TIME.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
This place is a joke. Blaming phaneuf for goals that came from the point, for not shoving Zdheno ****ING Chara out of the front of the net, for falling over while battling in corners when he was almost playing on 1 leg after a shot block... While carrying this whole defensive core on his back, with no 2nd pairing and two 3rd pairings. Disgusted in some of you.

were you watching the same game as everyone else? :laugh:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
quit making excuses for him, he plays this bad defensively all the time. ALL THE TIME.

All the time, and, I'm sick of it! There is a reason why Calgary traded him for literally nothing.

He makes too much money for what he brings to the game.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

This is the truth.

I'm going to stay away from the Leafs board for a while so all the fairweather fans can get all their anger out and realize that the Leafs played good against a team that is made for the playoffs and has had out number.

Just got to let the emotions run, get over it and look for the positives afterwards.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
All the time, and, I'm sick of it! There is a reason why Calgary traded him for literally nothing.

He makes too much money for what he brings to the game.

You're crazy if you think Phaneuf is bad defensively all the time.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Phaneuf is the only one that can be relied upon in the final minutes. Nonis needs to get somebody else who can take away some of Phaneuf's minutes so that he can still be effective in the final minute,

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
We are still going to need him for the next few years until our prospects take over.

For a guy like Phaneuf this collapse is not a teachable moment. This is just a lack of character. He is supposed to be the steady hand not the guy doing the choking.

The leafs will be much better team when he has a much smaller role.

unknown8

Mar 9, 2013
I appreaciate what Phaneuf brings to the team and hope he remains a Leaf. Theres always a damn scapegoat on these friggan boards..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad