Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
As a life long Bruins hater, I promise you Bennett punched him in the face. I have no idea how you can't see it lol it's in plain sight.

The way I see it, Marchand is trying to hurt Bennett and Bennett sees an opportunity and draws first, beating Marchand to the punch... pun intended.

That's how these guys operate and there's no real reason to really wonder about it or try to plead innocence. It's part of the playoff attrition game.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Hard to tell if it connected but it's a weird reaction by Bennett to block an incoming hit with his left shoulder while throwing his right arm out at the same time. I don't think I've seen that before.
Sums my opinion. Didn't even see it the first time.

Reactions: Chaos2k7 and Mase

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The way I see it, Marchand is trying to hurt Bennett and Bennett sees an opportunity and draws first, beating Marchand to the punch... pun intended.

That's how these guys operate and there's no real reason to really wonder about it or try to plead innocence. It's part of the playoff attrition game.
The “Panthers try and hurt everyone” narrative is so funny.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs hockey must suck to watch. Boston’s thrown way more temper tantrums on Florida in this series. Other than the Bennett fantasy land execution guillotine punch, can you show me a “dirty play”?

Your avatar is a picture of Bennett in the process of injuring a player.

We all know what playing to injure is all about, there's no real purpose in pleading innocence in this snide way. It's boring.

• Haha
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
Watching it frame by frame, Bennett actually closes both hands towards his chest to brace the impact. Marchand checks into Bennetts left arm, and Bennetts right arm comes away from his chest a bit. It is not a punch.

Look at Bennetts body, his right shoulder doesn't even turn to throw a punch. His right hand may have caught Marchand in the face, it may not have, we cannot see, but whether it caught him or not, it's definitely not a punch.

Also if Marchand was punched, I'm pretty sure Marchand would have gone after some retribution. He's not the type to shy away from it.

Reactions: Mase

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Your avatar is a picture of Bennett in the process of injuring a player.

We all know what playing to injure is all about, there's no real purpose in pleading innocence in this snide way. It's boring.
My avatar is of Bennett playing hard and in no way trying to injure someone because that’s not the type of player he is. I mean you got everything figured out. Tell me, how many murders does Bennett have on record and why is he free?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My avatar is of Bennett playing hard and in no way trying to injure someone because that’s not the type of player he is. I mean you got everything figured out. Tell me, how many murders does Bennett have on record and why is he free?

Bennett is an "accidentally on purpose artist" just like Marchand is an "accidentally on purpose artist."

If it wasn't Bennett taking out Marchand, it would have probably happened the other way around. We all know this is what's going on, this snide little deniability is so boring, and so is your celebration of the Bennett/Knies injury.

Reactions: torontoblood

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
You're completely clueless. Keep blindly defending your hero though.
Saying that while crying over Marchand is very ironic. Marchand has what? 15 suspensions?

Bennett is an "accidentally on purpose artist" just like Marchand is an "accidentally on purpose artist."

If it wasn't Bennett taking out Marchand, it would have probably happened the other way around. We all know this is what's going on, this snide little deniability is so boring, and so is your celebration of the Bennett/Knies injury.
Leafs hockey has definitely taken its toll on you. Injuries happens when you play hard. It doesn’t mean the player is intentionally injuring anyone. But you haven’t watched your core 4 throw a hit in years so it makes sense. They can take out all that anger on those golf balls.

• Haha
Reactions: Mase

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Saying that while crying over Marchand is very ironic. Marchand has what? 15 suspensions?

Leafs hockey has definitely taken its toll on you. Injuries happens when you play hard. It doesn’t mean the player is intentionally injuring anyone. But you haven’t watched your core 4 throw a hit in years so it makes sense. They can take out all that anger on those golf balls.

Sure, injuries happen, but it's another thing to commemorate a player getting injured in an avatar and then tap dance around pleading innocence.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I didn't even mention Marchand. Of course he's a dirty player. You saying Bennett isn't trying to injure the Leaf player in your avatar and bringing up murders is what's pathetic. Bennett has always been a dirty player. It's ok to admit that.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Sure, injuries happen, but it's another thing to commemorate a player getting injured in an avatar and then tap dance around pleading innocence.
I mean since your narrative is that Bennett tried to execute Knies, you can’t really be reasoned with.

I didn't even mention Marchand. Of course he's a dirty player. You saying Bennett isn't trying to injure the Leaf player in your avatar and bringing up murders is what's pathetic. Bennett has always been a dirty player. It's ok to admit that.
He’s not but I guess playing hard makes you dirty.

• Haha
Reactions: Bounces R Way

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
A punch implies intent, like … actually throwing a punch. Here Marchand is hitting Bennett, Bennett is absorbing/counter-hitting, and just not fully in control of his hand/stick. I think that there’s some contact between Bennett’s hand and Marchand’s head, but he absolutely did not throw punch, if there’s contact there it’s clearly accidental contact.

This is a play on-par with an accidental high stick, not an intentional sucker punch. This is clearly not remotely worth a suspension, or even a fine. Expecting the refs to call a penalty in real-time for this is a stretch, as even with the benefit of slow-mo relays it’s hard to be confident in precisely what happened here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad