DGB via Sportsnet: Ranking every outdoor game

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
The Rangers vs. Devils game was terrible, as were the jerseys. If it wasn't at Yankee stadium it would be far and away the worst on the list.

Other than that, I think it's a good list.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'd have Canadiens-Oilers at #1 because of the alumini game and Jose Theodore's toque, but otherwise a pretty good list.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The only thing I remember about the Leafs vs Red Wings game was Detroit getting robbed of a breakaway due to the stupid buzzer where teams change sides of the ice half way through overtime.

Great venue but the game itself? Meh

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Being written by Sean McIndoe/DGB, you just knew the Senators were going to be last and the Leafs somewhere near the top. :laugh:

The Vancouver Heritage Classic was far from being very compelling but the game itself was far from the worst (only wrapped up on an empty net goal), and the uniforms for both teams were pretty sweet. The Luongo storyline was pretty seminal for the team too.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Being written by Sean McIndoe/DGB, you just knew the Senators were going to be last and the Leafs somewhere near the top. :laugh:

The Vancouver Heritage Classic was far from being very compelling but the game itself was far from the worst (only wrapped up on an empty net goal), and the uniforms for both teams were pretty sweet. The Luongo storyline was pretty seminal for the team too.

Um the game was played in a closed dome and wasn't a sellout.

Deservedly last place

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Um the game was played in a closed dome and wasn't a sellout.

Deservedly last place

I was on break at work today perusing twitter and saw it, clicked the link eagerly anticipating some hilarity written about that game. Was not disappointed. :laugh:

Game wasn't bad at all sure, but the fact alone that it was played in a closed dome means that it deserved to be last.

Habs-Oilers definitely should have been number 1 though.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4