Pre-Game Talk: Devils vs. Oilers | 7/10/2013 | 7:30 Mdt | "Revenge of the Nuge"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
And here I thought it was a movie poster from the eighties that says the wrong episode number to not confuse casual movie goers. I had a "Oilers management would like you" jab ready and everything.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers have now won just 3 of their last 14 regular season games if you go back to their craptacular finish from last season.

Maybe that's not all that relevant because of all the changes in the org since that time... new GM, coach, piles of new players... yet the crappy inconsistent results are still ongoing.

Oh ya... on topic.. the crap likely continues with another loss vs NJ. We are now all hoping that Labarbera can be this team's saviour... that's not a happy place to be.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
We're essentially getting back our top center and our top LW, considering how poorly Hall was at center. Hopefully that lines familiarity with each other helps them get going without looking too rusty.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Oilers have now won just 3 of their last 14 regular season games if you go back to their craptacular finish from last season.

Maybe that's not all that relevant because of all the changes in the org since that time... new GM, coach, piles of new players... yet the crappy inconsistent results are still ongoing.

Oh ya... on topic.. the crap likely continues with another loss vs NJ. We are now all hoping that Labarbera can be this team's saviour... that's not a happy place to be.

What do you expect when we start the rebuild new with a different coach every year, which is why this team with all this talent can look so bad they have learned 4 different systems .And cant apply anyone.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I liked the prequels :(

Revenge of the Sith was awesome stop hating. They better not **** up 7 8 and 9

The prequels were my childhood, so I like them. I could understand why somebody who grew up with the originals would think otherwise, but honestly, the prequels are really good movies too, just very different from the originals.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Revenge of the Sith was great.

Phantom Menace was a snoozefest until the end.

Attack of the Clones was a steaming turd. Not even by Star Wars standards, it was just a flat out awful movie.

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton
We have never seen nuge play with a good shoulder as it has been a nagging injury since jr. I really hope it doesn't take him long to get back in the groove

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
One thing I've noticed-whenever one of those net front scrums happened, new guys (Gordon, Ference, Perron, Gazdic, Belov and even Arco a few times) were right in the thick of things while most of the guys who've been here for a bit (Hall, Eberle, Schultz, etc.) had no pushback when push came to shove. I know they're not fighters, and I was glad to see them hitting when they got frustrated vs Vancouver, but they need to become a bit tougher.
Nothing bad is gonna happen if you give a guy a facewash if he sprays your goalie, or if you grab a guy and headlock him in a scrum. Hall and Eberle are part of this team's leadership, and they need to show a little more grit in sticking up for their teammates post whistle. Hall seems to have lost a lot of the fiery pushback he had in him in his rookie year. These guys have mastered putting up points. They haven't mastered being a full professional yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad