GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - 5:00 PM MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Hynes gets an F for this game for starting Cory.

Capital letter F.

Would have gotten no grade at all if he had started Kinkaid, but he played Cory like we actually have a playoff chance.

Pete wouldn't have even played Cory today in the position we're in, neither would the N. Bench

There, much better

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
2 points in his last 10 games. And he receives 19-20 minutes many nights and has played with all of our best forwards. Henrique just isn't that good. Another horrible game from him tonight.

Schneider needs to play better too. My goodness. The save percentage isn't there.

We simply don't have guys that can control the puck and handle passes well enough to maintain possession in the O-Zone.

Santini has been playing better and better. Looks real solid tonight.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Idc who you are, Cory is not an elite goalie.. price, quick,holtby, even Henrik are elite, and have proven it season after season. Cory has not, doesn't mean he can't be, he's just been average since becoming a starter if you average the 2 seasons

No offense, but this is garbage.

Quick is NOT an elite goalie first of all. Top 10? Sure.

He's not elite though, you're letting the media and his 2012 playoffs fool you there dude.

And Henrik has sucked even worse than Cory this year. Have you watched Henrik at all this year? Have you at least looked at his stat line? It's not any prettier than Cory's outside of wins and maybe a lower GAA. Wins due to being on a MUCH better team, that doesn't have the worst offense in the league and GAA being lower because his teams defense, while not good, is not as bad as this pile of steaming Hiney excrement.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Shero better hope that Albany is really good next year (Calder Cup semifinals or bust) because those are his draft picks.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
That cars for kids commercial is so annoying and horrible. They also totally ripped off that nursery rhyme Hush Little Baby Don't Say A Word for their song.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Idc who you are, Cory is not an elite goalie.. price, quick,holtby, even Henrik are elite, and have proven it season after season. Cory has not, doesn't mean he can't be, he's just been average since becoming a starter if you average the 2 seasons

Another thing I didn't pick apart from this post.

Cory has been a starter for 3 seasons (including this one) and has started the majority of his teams games for now the FIFTH season!

This is the first AVERAGE season he's had in his career.

Last season? Elite. 14-15? Elite. 13-14? Good. 12-13? Elite. 11-12? A backup, a decently used one though and performed at an elite level. 10-11? Same thing as 11-12.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Maybe they can keep losing and maybe then Hynes while either die of shame, quit or be fired.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Think Hynes bothers not starting Cory at any point again this season?

Who knows?

All I know is that thank god for John Hynes, he's responsible for at least 5-7 more points than this awful roster would have had under any other coach.

Including that loser Torts!

That's sarcasm for all the lurking Blue Jackets fans that think I'm serious.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I don't know how you can blame Schneider when we get shutout.

It's not even like Bobrovsky played great and shut the door, we just blew.

Throw Cory Schneider on team Slovakia and have them play Canada and this is probably what you get.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Who knows?

All I know is that thank god for John Hynes, he's responsible for at least 5-7 more points than this awful roster would have had under any other coach.

Including that loser Torts!

That's sarcasm for all the lurking Blue Jackets fans that think I'm serious.

Yeah right about now I would take Torts over Hynes even though I hate Torts he would make some of these slugs bring it every night.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There, much better
You get A+ for that!:laugh::handclap:
Schneider needs to play better too. My goodness. The save percentage isn't there

He definitely needs to play better and the first thing to do to ensure that he's playing at a better level is to not play him 19.5 hours after the last game ended, which was played in another city, that's a 45-50 minute plane ride away and after he faced 40 shots the night before. Not to mention in a complete GARBAGE time game, where Hynes obviously couldn't have even given a fiddleless **** if we won this game or not.

So, please, I wanna know WHY Schneider played this game tonight! I know you and nobody else hear can answer me, but this ranks as one of the biggest WTF decisions that Hynes has all year and there's been PLENTY of these WTF?! decisions from Hynes all year long.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know how you can blame Schneider when we get shutout.

It's not even like Bobrovsky played great and shut the door, we just blew.

Throw Cory Schneider on team Slovakia and have them play Canada and this is probably what you get.
I would have told you the same thing if Cory got a 42 save shutout tonight, which he could have still lost if we didn't score in the shootout. He shouldn't have played tonight, and I was the first person to ***** about this in the GDT, as soon as I saw he was playing, shortly after 3:00 PM EST this afternoon.

There's no need to play him, this was dumb. Cory should get a mulligan for this one, just because he had no business playing. Was Kinkaid injured and only fit to sit on the bench and dress as backup? Or ill maybe?

And why the **** didn't Hynes play Cory in Brooklyn 2 weeks ago? When we were still in a reasonable striking distance and Cory faced 42 shots the night before and only had to travel 30-40 minutes by bus across the Holland Tunnel? Not that I think Cory should have played that night either, I just wanna know what Hynes logic was there?
Yeah right about now I would take Torts over Hynes even though I hate Torts he would make some of these slugs bring it every night.
I don't even like Torts, but he would probably call out these guys for games like last night. And not say a bunch of JUNK and BS about playing well or shots from the outside or perimeter or how they're fine with padding Schneider's stats, like one of our new arrival players did after the 1st period last night.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
No offense, but this is garbage.

Quick is NOT an elite goalie first of all. Top 10? Sure.

He's not elite though, you're letting the media and his 2012 playoffs fool you there dude.

And Henrik has sucked even worse than Cory this year. Have you watched Henrik at all this year? Have you at least looked at his stat line? It's not any prettier than Cory's outside of wins and maybe a lower GAA. Wins due to being on a MUCH better team, that doesn't have the worst offense in the league and GAA being lower because his teams defense, while not good, is not as bad as this pile of steaming Hiney excrement.

Quick and Henrik were the sole reasons why their teams went deep in the playoffs those years.
Cory has been our starter for almost 2 full seaons....last yr he played really well, this yr the opposite. Elite goalies stay good for SEASONS at a time (Henrik, price, holtby, quick for the modern era, obviously hasek, roy, brodeur in the 90s,00s). You can call cory elite, but reality is he is not.
Also elite goalies come up in the clutch and make the big save when needed.... again that's something Cory does NOT do on a consistant basis, esp this season.
Is Cory a good goalie....as a whole YES. Can he be elite, yes. Is he now...no.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quick and Henrik were the sole reasons why their teams went deep in the playoffs those years.
Cory has been our starter for almost 2 full seaons....last yr he played really well, this yr the opposite. Elite goalies stay good for SEASONS at a time (Henrik, price, holtby, quick for the modern era, obviously hasek, roy, brodeur in the 90s,00s). You can call cory elite, but reality is he is not.
Also elite goalies come up in the clutch and make the big save when needed.... again that's something Cory does NOT do on a consistant basis, esp this season.
Is Cory a good goalie....as a whole YES. Can he be elite, yes. Is he now...no.

Just because a goalie has an elite playoffs, does not make him elite. Did you see Quick in 2014 when the Kings won the cup? He had as much to do with why they went deep in that year's playoffs as Niemi did in 2010 with Chicago or MAF in 2009 with Pittsburgh. Teams that won the cup in spite of mediocre goaltending.

Cory has been the clear cut starter here for almost 3 full seasons, not only 2 full seasons.

He was amazing in 14-15 and 15-16, and just average this year.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Honestly, what the hell does it matter who starts at this point? With the team we're icing we're more than likely going to lose, whether it's Cory or Kinkaid. I probably would have gone with Kinkaid, but the overreaction is kind of ridiculous, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad