Post-Game Talk: Devils' team humiliation in Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Rooney is a brief 8 minute per game call up filler. Comparing him with Zacha speaks worse of Zacha than Rooney.

MoJo is playing the worst that he ever has in his entire career, and he still have 2 more points and 6 more SOG than Zacha in 1 less game.
I compared MoJo with Rooney, not Zacha. Scratching Zacha makes no sense when he is playing well defensively and skating. MoJo looks lazy as f***.

Reactions: Aethon

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Another game without any shots for Zacha.

This is why I officially gave up hope. People still have hope because of his passing, but he doesn't put himself in a position to score goals or get chances. He's allergic to the front of the net and plays the game like he's 5'8.

3 shots in his last 6 games... just not good enough.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think Zacha is going to be more of a setup guy than a scorer at this level. Which is why playing him with MoJo, who is also more of a setup guy, doesn't work. They both need somebody who can finish.

Reactions: liquid1988

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Reporter: Nico, would it be fair to say you guys let your emotions get the best of you tonight?

Nico: What does that mean?

Kid's still learning the English language, stop lobbing idiomatic expressions at him.

Next go with, Hey Nico, you didnt score tonight, is that just the way the cookie crumbles? Nico: What the ****?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Does anyone feel like me? I feel like I wasted an evening. These players we all want to get rid of, there is no one to replace them with. We are stuck in a black hole. The Devils took a risk in the off season not getting what we needed and went with last seasons team and got burned. This rebuild will take much longer than expected.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
what does it say about our former glories and how traumatized we are by our five years in the wilderness for me to be more disgusted than after *any* loss all of last season INCLUDING the series against tampa?

we’re supposed to have turned a corner here. i get our record is still technically ok but we’ve lost four of five including that utter f***ing embarrassment and our second most hated rival?

not good enough.

figure it the f*** out.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Not unless you also scratch one or both of them (NoJo, Zacha) to send a message a la what they did with Severson at multiple points.
I don't think you can scratch both of them at the same time but one and the other to the 4th line seems like a possibility.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Does anyone feel like me? I feel like I wasted an evening. These players we all want to get rid of, there is no one to replace them with. We are stuck in a black hole. The Devils took a risk in the off season not getting what we needed and went with last seasons team and got burned. This rebuild will take much longer than expected.

Absurd take. Maybe worst of the night.

Reactions: Dialamo and Blender

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

i am so f***ing grateful i had class and didn’t spend the evening in front of the tv.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Reporter: Nico, would it be fair to say you guys let your emotions get the best of you tonight?

Nico: What does that mean?

Kid's still learning the English language, stop lobbing idiomatic expressions at him.

Next go with, Hey Nico, you didnt score tonight, is that just the way the cookie crumbles? Nico: What the ****?

lol that might have been Abbey...I've never heard her talk before but that's a female reporter who wasn't Amanda so it's a decent chance it was her.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
If they come out flat and roll over to Detroit we've really got a problem

Eeked out only one win in the past five

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If they come out flat and roll over to Detroit we've really got a problem

Eeked out only one win in the past five

Yeah it's too early to really say it's a must-win but it's definitely a must-compete and given it's Detroit a win is pretty important too.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This is why I officially gave up hope. People still have hope because of his passing, but he doesn't put himself in a position to score goals or get chances. He's allergic to the front of the net and plays the game like he's 5'8.

3 shots in his last 6 games... just not good enough.

With 2:42 in PP during that.

FUN FACT: If Zacha was a 5th round draft pick, all the Zacha apologists and fanboys would be screaming to send him down to Binghamton.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

FUN FACT: If Zacha was a 5th round draft pick, all the Zacha apologists and fanboys would be screaming to send him down to Binghamton.

Except if he was a fifth round pick it'd be far more likely he actually clear waivers to get down to Binghamton.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Nope, but I'd be satisfied with him taking a regular 4th line shift and killing penalties.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Actually I would be claiming it was one of the best pick we have made since he's still top 15 in scoring and top 11 in games played from a very good, maybe even excellent 2015 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad