Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
The White-Desimone pair was a dumpster fire in both preseason games they played.

I also can’t believe Labanc didn’t get more of a look with our thin depth up front. They did him kind of dirty
my hope is they just want them there as emergency / warm bodies.

in the case of labanc, do we even have cap space to sign him? i feel as tho our Mgmt might want to keep the space open to make some more moves by deadline. i think it would’ve taken a way better performance by him to have swayed their minds from that approach.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba

That top 4 on D is not fleet of foot at all. Probably my biggest concern heading into the early portion of the season. Hamilton can move the puck nicely but not sure about the other 3. Luke and Pesce out really hurts our transition in the top 4. Hopefully we can do just enough to get by early while guys are working their way back towards playing.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
That top 4 on D is not fleet of foot at all. Probably my biggest concern heading into the early portion of the season. Hamilton can move the puck nicely but not sure about the other 3. Luke and Pesce out really hurts our transition in the top 4. Hopefully we can do just enough to get by early while guys are working their way back towards playing.
Yea I would flip Siegenthaler and Dillon too

Reactions: Hisch13r

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
No. They are very casual fans. If something Devils related bubbles up into the general sports environment they will notice. My oldest lives in a building with a buddy who is a Devils fan so he will will watch some games and go to see them when they play the Caps (they live near DC) but he didn’t grow up with hockey in his environment outside me watching it or play it. My youngest is a bit more of a fan. As a group they are primarily NFL fans. Then NBA then Devils. It’s proof that nurture only goes so far.

Oh bummer. Despite us living out of NJ my son is a huge Devils fan now. We watch the Canes but only causally. We go to every home opener together. Oddly he’s trying to become a Pirates baseball fan which is stupid but kids have to learn the hard way sometimes.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What do you think his ceiling is?
His ceiling if everything went right is like Quinn Hughes without the elite speed and acceleration but that’s obviously an unlikely outcome. More realistically I think he’ll end up being #2/3D two way that’ll be on our PP2 (but could be a PP1 guy) and chips in like 40ish pts. Could also be a bit better than that and be like a Spurgeon or Rafalski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad