Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
With Hamilton and Hughes on the team does Seamus casey basically never have any chance at pp1?
Probably not
I can’t agree.
We have Nico(who is not pp monster on the ice), Jack, Bratt and Timo. If Devils will want to create two strong brigades or at least second brigade that will make more than just giving seconds for resting for PP1 brigade, Casey will have an opportunity to play solid role or even PP1 role situationally.
And even if he will not, who cares. He is under control.

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
For botching what could have been an absolutely legendary call on the ECF game 7 Friesen goal

Eh, I forgive him for this - he comes from an era when the goal light was the standard. If the goal light wasn't on, it wasn't a goal. Now with 30 years of replay, it's ridiculous to even think that. Why the goal light didn't go on, I don't know.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Eh, I forgive him for this - he comes from an era when the goal light was the standard. If the goal light wasn't on, it wasn't a goal. Now with 30 years of replay, it's ridiculous to even think that. Why the goal light didn't go on, I don't know.

Yeah, I’m mostly joking. At least it wasn’t Kane’s SC winner in 2010 (I know it was Doc on the call). That one is completely understandable too, only Kane knew it went in. But also probably not exactly how you dream up a Stanley Cup winning OT goal lol

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
feel like the lineup tonight might be pretty close to a full one, no? They are leaving for Europe this weekend, so they probably wanna get a "dress rehearsal" game in I would imagine

the rosters for the 3 games next week are going to be hilarious

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
You would think it would be better to send to euro teams in two different conferences to take care of their matchup for the year.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Ian Clark is one of the few goalie coaches I've actually heard of and has a stellar reputation / track record. I don't know what is going on in Vancouver and if they are maybe blaming him for Demko's injuries, or not foreseeing he'd fail to recover in the offseason, or what if things have "gone sour." I was under the impression he wanted to take a step back cause he's over 60 but he'd be a great get from everything I've heard.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If there is a connection to the opponent, maybe Rolston?
I know you’re joking lol. That would be right up there with Pandolfo.

That would honestly be worse than Pandolfo, as Pandolfo played most of his career here. Rolston really did not, even though he did play considerably more games for the Devils than any other team.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ian Clark is one of the few goalie coaches I've actually heard of and has a stellar reputation / track record. I don't know what is going on in Vancouver and if they are maybe blaming him for Demko's injuries, or not foreseeing he'd fail to recover in the offseason, or what if things have "gone sour." I was under the impression he wanted to take a step back cause he's over 60 but he'd be a great get from everything I've heard.
I can’t remember if I took to this board to rage about it or not, but I immediately thought “here’s an upgrade! Why is Rogalski still here? Now’s our chance. And we can even use the excuse that he wasn’t available yet and now he is!” But from everything I heard, it seems like he may be doing one of those “Semi-retirement” things that guys like Mitch Korn did and Benoit Allaire just did this very offseason.

I honestly didn’t look into it too much, but it felt like from what I heard that he wasn’t really available.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I know you’re joking lol. That would be right up there with Pandolfo.

That would honestly be worse than Pandolfo, as Pandolfo played most of his career here. Rolston really did not, even though he did play considerably more games for the Devils than any other team.

Jay won 2 Cups here, 3 trips to the finals, helped raise numerous division banners. Played 819 games here and was one of our best penalty killers ever. The ring of honor stuff is exactly for players like Jay, really great players for us but just not the level of a number retirement. I would love to see it one day.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Jay won 2 Cups here, 3 trips to the finals, helped raise numerous division banners. Played 819 games here and was one of our best penalty killers ever. The ring of honor stuff is exactly for players like Jay, really great players for us but just not the level of a number retirement. I would love to see it one day.

No offense but I can think of like 15 people who should go up there before Pandolfo.

No shot he deserves it, and I have nothing against the guy.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I can’t remember if I took to this board to rage about it or not, but I immediately thought “here’s an upgrade! Why is Rogalski still here? Now’s our chance. And we can even use the excuse that he wasn’t available yet and now he is!” But from everything I heard, it seems like he may be doing one of those “Semi-retirement” things that guys like Mitch Korn did and Benoit Allaire just did this very offseason.

I honestly didn’t look into it too much, but it felt like from what I heard that he wasn’t really available.

Markstrom actually just talked about him on his Chiclets interview earlier this month. Sounds like Ian Clark is a hard ass, but Markstrom thrived off of his coaching style and had only good things to say about how Clark helped him elevate his game. Obviously though, that’s great if it works for Markstrom while he’s here for two years, but beyond that…that style doesn’t always work with every individual.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
agreed, he's just a notch below brylin in my book.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
No offense but I can think of like 15 people who should go up there before Pandolfo.

No shot he deserves it, and I have nothing against the guy.

That''s fine but if they are going to add 1 person a year then he'll get in there eventually and it's deserved, that's why I said I would love to see it one day.

I really don't know who they'll pick, everyone was expecting someone older last year like Lou, Jacques, Doc or Chico and it ended up being Brylin so who knows. I assume it was because he was the only other player that won all 3 Cups here that it made the most sense to put him in first.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I believe he was Markstrom’s goalie coach while he was in the Canucks organization. Markstrom spoke very highly of him in the Spittin Chiclets interview he did a few weeks back.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Then home fans for each team wouldn't get to see the matchup. We still play Buffalo at home and on the road this year so that's probably why they do it this way.

Eh I guess. To me that’s 90s thinking stick the devils against ducks no one cares if you don’t see that matchup in person here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad