Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pandolfo absolutely does not deserve to be in a ring of honor lol
One of the most overrated Devils of all time IMO.

He wasn’t even a career Devil, which is all good and fine. I was happy to see him go.

He was toast before Lou even gave him that final deal.

He’s probably a nice guy, and he served a purpose at one point, but got a lot more mileage here than he should have.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wonder if it's Pandolfo since it is the Bruins in town and his history with both teams
If anything maybe it being during the Bruins game was done by design, as it’s gonna be someone close to him and Langs. But maybe not.

I can think of at least 10 people (not all of them players) who would be put in the Devils ring of honor before Pandolfo.

If you put him in then you gotta put in guys like MacLean, Holik, Gomez, Gionta, Madden, Langs and maybe even Colin White or Claude Lemieux.

As well as non-playing personalities like Doc, Chico (as commentator) Lou, Jacques Caron, all 3 cup head coaches, etc.

Reactions: Billdo

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The MacLean error, as well as the messy Langs breakup have both been long enough that it’s all forgotten in comparison to their careers here.

MacLean was once a contender for first Devils jersey retirement. Even Lou said so on his way out as a player.

He was an original Devil, the highest scoring Devil at the time and won the cup with us. The other guys were either not career Devils (Stevens) or were still way too young (Marty, Nieds, Patty) to even talk about a potential future number retirement. And I don't think anyone ever really thought Dano was a serious number retirement back in 1997.

I think what changed Maclean being a retired number was that we won 2 more cups after he left, and had 3 hall of fame locks in Stevens, Marty and Nieds, as well as a borderline HOF guy in Elias, who would eventually surpass MacLean in points. All 4 of them either retired as a Devil or played the majority of their career here.

And then Langs was wearing his old number even before he had played his last game in the NHL. I've probably said his coaching stint here ruined things, but I don't think they played much of a part at all. The other things had much more to do with it. MacLean could have never coached here, and I bet his number still wouldn't be up there.

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
If anything maybe it being during the Bruins game was done by design, as it’s gonna be someone close to him and Langs. But maybe not.

I can think of at least 10 people (not all of them players) who would be put in the Devils ring of honor before Pandolfo.

If you put him in then you gotta put in guys like MacLean, Holik, Gomez, Gionta, Madden, Langs and maybe even Colin White or Claude Lemieux.

As well as non-playing personalities like Doc, Chico (as commentator) Lou, Jacques Caron, all 3 cup head coaches, etc.

Nah I agree, I was just thinking if there was something more with the Bruins being the game. Ring of honor games usually have that connection is all, maybe it is Langs since he worked in Boston's front office recently as a scout I believe

Reactions: Bleedred

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Being doc or Chico would be a lame out since they already had nights honoring them. My guess like someone said would he lemaire makes sense it would be a coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad