GDT: Devils @ Oilers - 9:00 PM - MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
You are also contradicting yourself. You say Vtec is nothing amazing on only 80 GP. But saying Mac has elite potential at 135GP? Can’t have it both ways.

• Love
Reactions: Bleedred

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Last two years of stats does not back up Mac being the better goalie.
Right, why focus on the year when he's healthy when we can reference prior years when he was injured and going through a rough patch?

Vanecek was so lights out that Washington couldn't wait to get him out of town.

I'm not anti Vanecek by any means, but let's just be realistic about who has the upside to be a true 1A. That's why you roll Mac when he's hot.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Vanecek was so lights out that Washington couldn't wait to get him out of town.
Siegenthaler must be nothing special then.

Idk, you can’t say Vtec is nothing special and basically a finished product then say Mac has elite potential when the latter has more games played.

And for reference, I just want the hot goalie to be played. Regardless of Mac or Vtec, the dude just won 3 games straight and sits the next two? Ridiculous in my opinion.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Siegenthaler must be nothing special then.

Idk, you can’t say Vtec is nothing special and basically a finished product then say Mac has elite potential when the latter has more games played.
In addition to the stats, you could also watch them with your own eyes or look at their profiles as prospects. Mac has put up a .918 and .915 in the NHL, which Vanecek has never come close to.

Just from a pure athleticism standpoint they aren't on the same planet. If you want to get into production profiles, Blackwood is much more likely to have 1A upside than Vanecek.

1667501248326.png

Reactions: HBK27

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
In addition to the stats, you could also watch them with your own eyes or look at their profiles as prospects. Mac has put up a .918 and .915 in the NHL, which Vanecek has never come close to.

Just from a pure athleticism standpoint they aren't on the same planet. If you want to get into production profiles, Blackwood is much more likely to have 1A upside than Vanecek.

View attachment 602638
That’s all nice and dandy. But I’ll say it again, the goalie who just won three in a row should not sit on the next two.

Also. Mac being althetic and talented doesn’t mean much when he is still slow to read plays. It’s his fifth season and he still cannot get in proper position on certain plays.

• Love
Reactions: Bleedred

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
That’s all nice and dandy. But I’ll say it again, the goalie who just won three in a row should not sit on the next two.

Also. Mac being althetic and talented doesn’t mean much when he is still slow to read plays. It’s his fifth season and he still cannot get in proper position on certain plays.
Fair, let's revisit this in 2 years and see how much better Vanecek is than Blackwood.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Fair, let's revisit this in 2 years and see how much better Vanecek is than Blackwood.
I really don’t care who becomes the better one. I want both to succeed. I just find it wrong to sit the goalie in two consecutive games after he won three. And I also find it wrong to say Vanecek isn’t anything special at 80 games played while saying Mac still has elite potential at 135 games played.

At the end of the day I hope the team continues to play this well so the goaltending is not much of a factor.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Against the Oilers I'm good with Big Mac, especially after his last game. I think he moves much better than Vanecek around the crease, laterally he's good. His rebound control has to be good tonight though, that's where he looks the most shaky at times and the Oilers will pounce on those opportunities.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Bunch of big hockey experts on edmonton board:nod:

View attachment 602592

"Nothing really stands out for me here with this squad. Good defensively by EC standards. I sure wouldn't pay money to see this bunch of Jespers."
We only have “Canadian token afterthoughts” lol.

Plus “have accomplished exactly zero in almost a decade of won lotto picks and high drafting order.”

AC9D209F-8DBE-4911-B3B1-70CFEB40CC76.png

I guess they’re really high on last year’s appearance (and sweep) in the WCF in McDavid’s 7th season & Draisaitl’s 8 season.

It’s a very hockey literate fanbase though, that’s why it’s been darkly amusing in a sad way to watch it be tortured by Edmonton’s Old Boy Club Ownership dumbassery.

Reactions: Saugus and Guadana

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Thrive for five tonight, would be happy with a point tho

I think this was the last time we had a 5 game winning streak...

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Blackwood is gonna get lit up and I don't hate that honestly.

I've said it before but I don't even like Blackwood on and off the ice and I still wouldn't root against the guy like this.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I was also lurking earlier and one of them said they went to a wedding in Jersey and it was “a pit” which of course makes me irrationally angry. I can’t stand when people who don’t live here besmirch our beautiful garden state😾😡
He-he. It’s funny you even can’t imagine how.

Last edited:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Lol settle down everyone. I was being obtusely pessimistic because it's generally oddly effective. I'm rag on someone, they play great. Fact that I had to explain this has negated it though.

Jinxes don't exist. I'm going to say this until I'm blue in the face, aren't I?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
What if they're showcasing Blackwood sorta before Bernier gets back? Or better yet, trying to include Blackwood in a deal for a better goalie in the future? Just spitballing here, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad