Proposal: Devils-Habs (TDL deal)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Context :

Habs still pushing for playoff spot
Devils out of it

As a Habs fan, I do not advocate for trading picks but could see MB doing this (or similar?) trade.

Habs POV:

- A reliable C that can win faceoffs (Habs are awful in that department this year)
- A reliable backup since Price is injury prone + if he's out, we're REALLY screwed with Niemi. Lindgren could do the job but more experienced goalie would be appreciated.

Devils POV :

1- Sell future UFA (typical trades at TDL)
2- Could use forward depth in Hudon + picks
3- Open a slot for Blackwood

:habs

Brian Boyle
Keith Kinkaid

:devils

3rd 2019
4th 2019 (from CGY)
Charles Hudon

Doable?

A 1st has to be included for both

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
So, he's around the same pace, but older & got 2nd + prospect back then. I offered 3rd + Hudon, where's the travesty in that? Good for him for beating cancer & winning the Masterton Trophy, but it doesn't add value to the deal. Hockey's a business... a GM shouldn't rely on that to base value.

I might be off on Kinkaid who's an elite #2/1B type but he still is a pending UFA at the worthless position in hockey.

You might not accept the offer, which is fine, but I don't get how you can affirmatively say ''the offer sucks''.
his pace is slightly higher on a worse team

He should return a 2nd+ or a late 1st depending how he does the next month and a half

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I was hoping for Montreal to get Boyle instead of King a few years ago but I don't know if he makes that much difference given the layout of the team this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad