Post-Game Talk: Devils beat the Pens 2-1 in OT (Bratt attack!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Wait, people hate the Reverse Retros? I've been trying to get my hands on one since the day they went on sale.
I don’t even understand why they were so limited or why won’t make more. Casual fans who see them for the 1st time when a team wears them on tv didn’t even get a chance to buy them. It’s so weirdly not fan-friendly.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Most of this is just that the scorer changed. They probably played better too, I didn't see Saturday's game but it doesn't look great, but the scorer makes a huge difference.

The Devils are credited with 229 giveaways in 17 home games this season. I'm too lazy to open the calculator but that looks like about 13 a game.

The Devils are credited with 95 giveaways in 12 road games this season. This is nearly 8 per game.

Every team has more giveaways at home than on the road and it's just scorer bias.

EDIT: This isn't true, Tampa Bay comedically has 22 giveaways at home and 123 on the road, which means that their home scorer is just not counting them. Giveaways are a trash stat, probably worse than useless.
Wow, this was wicked rabbit hole for a bout of insomnia. Comparing the home and away stats for 2018-19 really shows the disparity. Got to wonder what they tell them to count lol.

Lots of stuff going on at home apparently, giveaways (GvA) & takeaways (TkA):
Florida Panthers: 469 GvA (A) vs 718 GvA (H)
and 299 TkA (A) vs 450 TkA (H)

Calgary Flames: 351 GvA (A) vs 702 GvA (H)
and 283 TkA (A) vs 557 TkA (H)

New York Rangers: 319 GvA (A) vs 667 GvA (H)
and 256 TkA (A) vs 411 TkA (H)

These scorers saw their home teams more as takeaways kings:
Vegas Golden Knights: 359 GvA (A) vs 352 GvA (H) and 278 TkA (A) vs 622 TkA (H)

Carolina Hurricanes: 344 GvA (A) vs 521 GvA (H) and 295 TkA (A) vs 594 TkA (H)

Our home scores weren’t too screwy:
New Jersey Devils: 332 GvA (A) vs 367 GvA (H) and 271 TkA (A) vs 359 TkA (H)

Closest matches, for what it’s worth:
Chicago Blackhawks: 369 GvA (A) vs 357 GvA (H) and 288 TkA (A) vs 328 TkA (H)

Arizona Coyotes: 312 GvA (A) vs 364 GvA (H)
and 291 TkA (A) vs 291 TkA (H)

Home scorer is less enthused than away ones:
Buffalo Sabres: 389 GvA (A) vs 340 GvA (H)
and 280 TkA (A) vs 223 TkA (H)

Home scorer secretly hates team:
Detroit Red Wings: 363 GvA (A) vs 628 GvA (H) and 279 TkA (A) vs 194 TkA (H)

I don’t know what this means other than I’m sleepy but I did find it weirdly amusing so thanks for that.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
That and the fact that they look ridiculous. How many stripes can you fit on a uniform?
upload_2021-3-22_9-19-29.jpeg

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
If you read the Penguins's post game thread they're all saying it's a one line team, and they can't get any secondary scoring. If the Kuokkanens and Sharangovichs and Maltsevs can keep up their level of play, NJ will have a very potent supporting attack to back up Hughes, Bratt, and Hischier.

as i was watching the game i was thinking how palms would be a great addition to their team. they don't have the cap space though, we would have to take a garbage contract from them. and they don't have a 1st rounder. but you know, other than that, perfect trade partners!

Reactions: Blackjack

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Wait, people hate the Reverse Retros? I've been trying to get my hands on one since the day they went on sale.

i like them 'in theory' ….nice flip of the original…….

but….its lacking when watching it with the full uniform on ice

i hope this is a 1 or 2 season thing…..like the MB30 mask……nice try but i'll pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad