Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] D Moritz Seider re-signs with Wings (7 years, $8.55M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
This one is real good. I do wonder how much offense he's got in his bag but dude is a horse. Big minute man that will leave opponents with a few bruises after the game is a rarity these days.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Can’t even hate on Steve Y for this or the Raymond contract, absolutely beautiful contracts

I thought Raymond was gonna get either get a bridge deal at 5-6 or a 9ish million dollar deal

I thought seider was gonna ask for 9.5ish so again another great contract.

They now have Larkin, Raymond, seider locked up for around 25? million which is absurd

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Great deal. Hope the isles see this and can Keep Dobson under $9mill AAV
Dobson has arbitration rights and only 1 year of RFA control after his contract ends. An 8 year deal for him for example buys 7 UFA years. This contract for Seider buys 3

Reactions: SI90

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Congrats Wings fans. The wait was worth it for the Raymond and Mo deals. This Seider one especially is going to age brilliantly.

Not been a fan of everything Stevie has done in his second stint in Detroit but he should get his flowers for these deals.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
I think every team in the league would have gladly given out this contract...

Seider should fire his agent
This is his agent:

061113_lemieux.jpg

Funny thinking he and Yzerman sitting together working on this deal...

• Haha
Reactions: cowboycoffee

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Or just send Darren McCarty to beat his ass.

Ehh, based on that ESPN doc it seems like pretty much everybody is over it except Draper.

Oh yeah of course. Just funny imagining them in negotations. I'm sure Lemieux just wants to help his client get the best deal he can and doubt he had any malicious intentions because it's the Wings he's dealing with.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That’s an awesome contract. I would have given him a million more per season without issue. Redwings fans must be super pleased.

Any questions remaining around Yzerman’s handling of these contracts sure got answered. Hope the Wings take a step forward and make the playoffs. End of day even as a rival I like seeing the original 6 teams in the playoffs.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dobson has arbitration rights and only 1 year of RFA control after his contract ends. An 8 year deal for him for example buys 7 UFA years. This contract for Seider buys 3
Definitely different situations. I’m just being optimistic but im thinking $9mil AAV is the minimum for him on a long term deal

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Definitely different situations. I’m just being optimistic but im thinking $9mil AAV is the minimum for him on a long term deal

Feel the same way about Bouchard. I mean a top pairing RD like Seider signing a contract this reasonable can’t hurt. Same with Faber.

Reactions: SI90

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Feel the same way about Bouchard. I mean a top pairing RD like Seider signing a contract this reasonable can’t hurt. Same with Faber.
I think if Seider had a near PPG season there’s no chance he would have signed for this price. Both Bouchard and Dobson will ask for 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad