Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] F Jonatan Berggren re-signs with the Red Wings (1 year, $825k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
This leaves Detroit with 16.8M in cap space however that number includes 3 goalies and 7 Dmen (excluding Seider).

Waiving Husso and Lagesson would get them up to 18.3M in cap space.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He was never getting any more than this. It’s just been his only way to protest his situation. These guys just have no rights without arbitration.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
This leaves Detroit with 16.8M in cap space however that number includes 3 goalies and 7 Dmen (excluding Seider).

Waiving Husso and Lagesson would get them up to 18.3M in cap space.
Pretty sure they're not gonna waive a guy they just signed.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Pretty sure they're not gonna waive a guy they just signed.
Lagesson is organizational depth and personally, I would be surprised if he spends most of the year on the NHL roster.

Either way the point was to highlight some additional flexibility if it is needed as Seider + Lagesson gives them 8 D. Yzerman values depth so maybe he carries 8 D but again, my main point is that there is extra cap room if it is needed (ie. Offer sheet defence).

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Lagesson is organizational depth and personally, I would be surprised if he spends most of the year on the NHL roster.

Either way the point was to highlight some additional flexibility if it is needed as Seider + Lagesson gives them 8 D. Yzerman values depth so maybe he carries 8 D but again, my main point is that there is extra cap room if it is needed (ie. Offer sheet defence).
Lagesson is 9 unless they plan on waiving Holl or Petry or Maatta over him. (Probably not)

Seider/Chiarot/Edvinsson/Gustafsson are locks. Then you've got AlJo/Petry/Holl/Maatta.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Lagesson is 9 unless they plan on waiving Holl or Petry or Maatta over him. (Probably not)

Seider/Chiarot/Edvinsson/Gustafsson are locks. Then you've got AlJo/Petry/Holl/Maatta.

Great Point. Puckpedia doesn have AlJo on the roster and I would think they prioritize keeping him on the roster over Lagesson.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Great Point. Puckpedia doesn have AlJo on the roster and I would think they prioritize keeping him on the roster over Lagesson.

Yeah, Yzerman already said during the post-season media last year that he doesn't expect AlJo or Berggren would make it through waivers.

I expect that they signed Laggesson to go play with kids and be organizational depth in case of injury, but that the salary was to assure him of an NHL level payday.

Similar to Campbell. He's AHL bound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad