Recalled/Assigned: Derek Joslin called up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Please describe Joslin's game. Are we certain that Barker is the man out?

IIRC, he plays a puck-moving style and has a heavy shot from the point. Not huge at 6'1, and also not overly physical.

Alberts has been in the lineup pretty consistently, whereas Barker only suited up due to Bieksa's last minute injury. I would bet that he's the odd man out.

Alflives*

IIRC, he plays a puck-moving style and has a heavy shot from the point. Not huge at 6'1, and also not overly physical.

Alberts has been in the lineup pretty consistently, whereas Barker only suited up due to Bieksa's last minute injury. I would bet that he's the odd man out.

Thanks, so do you think the coaches feel Joslin is an upgrade on Barker? His game doesn't seem to be similar to Alberts.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Thanks, so do you think the coaches feel Joslin is an upgrade on Barker? His game doesn't seem to be similar to Alberts.

I don't really know what to think. Barker struggled mightily with the increased minutes last night - maybe the Canucks just want to see what they have in Joslin as a depth defender before the playoffs begin?

I don't know whether anyone could actually call him an upgrade on Barker, though.

arsmaster*

Can't be any worse than Barker. Literally the softest NHL defensman I've ever seen. Does not make teams earn anything in the d-zone.

Surprised he's got into as many games as he has.

Joslin better finish checks, that's all I ask.

Alflives*

Can't be any worse than Barker. Literally the softest NHL defensman I've ever seen. Does not make teams earn anything in the d-zone.

Surprised he's got into as many games as he has.

Joslin better finish checks, that's all I ask.

AV will demand that Joslin takes hits, as he does with all his D.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
AV will demand that Joslin takes hits, as he does with all his D.

ironically barker's timidness in a corner drew a penalty last night, probably his only positive contribution all game

better hope this means nothing about the severity of bieksa's injury and this is just a sign that management that has seen enough of cam barker

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
But Barker has that draft pedigree. :cry:

This is going to be ugly. I knew this team would go to hell without Tanev. :cry:

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
The times I've seen Joslin he's been OK. Nothing special obviously but has better mobility than Barker and is much more physical. I can confidently say he'll be an upgrade over Barker.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The times I've seen Joslin he's been OK. Nothing special obviously but has better mobility than Barker and is much more physical. I can confidently say he'll be an upgrade over Barker.

This is literally all I ask ... if the organization can't find a superior player to Barker for depth we're in trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad