Dennis "The Everbeast" Everberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Ok, that makes sense about the contracts that if someone chooses to stay in the lower division it's likely because they likely didn't have offers on a SHL team.

I think the Avs are digging deep for these guys. I'm sure most that play in the SHL or KHL are on most teams' radar. That one rumor the Avs are sniffing around the German leagues is getting pretty out there.

Wonder what the Avs look for other then size of course. They found both Everberg and Rendulic on some backwater teams in Europe. At best they seemed like long shots. Yet Everberg has proven a lot in the NHL and is getting better. I've liked what we saw from Rendulic before his injury. He was actually being physical and that was one of the complaints about him.

I'm just curious as to why these players are being targeted. Obviously what Roy/Sakic is looking for is working so far and I think it's more then just being a big player. Hockey IQ maybe?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Wonder what the Avs look for other then size of course. They found both Everberg and Rendulic on some backwater teams in Europe. At best they seemed like long shots. Yet Everberg has proven a lot in the NHL and is getting better. I've liked what we saw from Rendulic before his injury. He was actually being physical and that was one of the complaints about him.
HPK is quite a big team in Finland, and Rendulic was one of the most known names in the league due to his nationality.
That said I didn't expect him to get a contract to the NHL.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
HPK is quite a big team in Finland, and Rendulic was one of the most known names in the league due to his nationality.

38 players ahead of him in scoring though. I think few were expecting an NHL deal to fall into his hands.

umdieecke*

Ok, that makes sense about the contracts that if someone chooses to stay in the lower division it's likely because they likely didn't have offers on a SHL team.

I think the Avs are digging deep for these guys. I'm sure most that play in the SHL or KHL are on most teams' radar. That one rumor the Avs are sniffing around the German leagues is getting pretty out there.

If that's the case, I really hope German hockey has taken big strides. Several years ago I spent a lot of time in Mannheim and watched a lot of Adler/Eagles games. Again, I really hope they've made strides. There's really no reason they shouldn't produce in hockey. American football has become fairly popular after all.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I'm just curious as to why these players are being targeted. Obviously what Roy/Sakic is looking for is working so far and I think it's more then just being a big player. Hockey IQ maybe?

Right, good question. Out of all the European players why them. Also, I really like Henley and Corbett and Will is finally doing well. Maybe work ethic? Rendulic had to work really hard leaving home so young. Corbett was discovered playing high school hockey and then played in two memorial cups. Henley the overage captain of a small market team that made a huge run to win the Q. Don't know much about Everberg's story but maybe something similar there.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Yeah the german league doesn't excite me.

Some of the teams in the swedish 2nd division sign players that have produced good in DEL but not everyone turns out good even there. Few have managed to take the step from SHL to DEL. Some go the other way around, like Andreas Holmqvist, cause the money is still good in Germany.

When my team were relegated from the SHL in 11/12, Andreas Holmqvist were our PP d-man. Had 4 goals and 9 assists in 40 games. He went to DEL the next season. Scored 50 pts in 49 games and were the league MVP.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=463

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Right, good question. Out of all the European players why them. Also, I really like Henley and Corbett and Will is finally doing well. Maybe work ethic? Rendulic had to work really hard leaving home so young. Corbett was discovered playing high school hockey and then played in two memorial cups. Henley the overage captain of a small market team that made a huge run to win the Q. Don't know much about Everberg's story but maybe something similar there.

Rendulic was named most in shape player at the rookie camp. That seemed impressive. Work ethic is probably a good bet. Maybe Everberg doesn't have a story, but he does have that hockey IQ. So big, high work ethic and hockey IQ seem to be high on the priority list for the scouts.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Everberg was in Sweeden, yes?
Its funny how some players shine in the nhl, or really in any sport and some players you would think are going to be world changers fall flat...

Glad for both Rendo and the Beast... Go Avs...

Now wher are those 6 2 d men hiding thatwe can add from the backwaters of the world today and tomorrow????.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
It seems like Roy really trusts Everberg. He is out there at the end of games, protecting leads, or trying to get that tying goal. His positioning to block pucks is very, very good. He gets in the way of the shot, and has the positioning to either clear the puck, or regains control for the team. His offensive game seems to be slowly coming along.

Both Everberg and Rendulic did a really good job of just small little chip passes that helped the breakout, or got someone open for a chance.

I'm still hoping to see both Everbeast and Rendulic play on the same line. Their styles are very complimentary and I liked what I saw form them together during the pre-season.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm still hoping to see both Everbeast and Rendulic play on the same line. Their styles are very complimentary and I liked what I saw form them together during the pre-season.

I'd like to see Everberg replace Talbot on the first line. I think he'd do much better up there and make more of an impact, Talbot seems to hold back that line to where Duchy/Iggy succeed despite him.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I'd like to see Everberg replace Talbot on the first line. I think he'd do much better up there and make more of an impact, Talbot seems to hold back that line to where Duchy/Iggy succeed despite him.

I wouldn't want to break up Everberg and Tanguay. Mitchell has been playing like a plug on that line but if Mitchell played like he is capable, that is a very good puck possession line with each player playing a great two-way game. I think the Mitchell and the ROR lines need to stay together.

Dutchy could use a better winger than Talbot, no disagreeing with you there.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I wouldn't want to break up Everberg and Tanguay. Mitchell has been playing like a plug on that line but if Mitchell played like he is capable, that is a very good puck possession line with each player playing a great two-way game. I think the Mitchell and the ROR lines need to stay together.

Dutchy could use a better winger than Talbot, no disagreeing with you there.

Honestly wish Rendulic was still around. I think he was starting to come along on the top line and he provided the same physicality Talbot is offering.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I'm guessing "Hockey IQ" might be tough to ascertain in leagues a couple of notches below the NHL. I bet they're looking for size + some desired skill. For example, IMO Everberg can skate. IMO Redulic has good hands. Those things are probably what got them noticed.

Now, once they get onto NHL ice, all bets are off until they can prove those skills are still meaningful with so much less time and space that the NHL game offers players. Everberg has proven that he can use his size and skating at the NHL level, which is good. He's solidified his position by putting himself and the puck into good places on the ice, hence he's a solid defensive player and isn't a turnover machine. I don't know that anyone has seen enough of Rendulic to know, re: NHL player or minor league guy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Rendulic wasn't as suited to the grind it out style of the AHL. Not that he didn't try and it did help him become more physical but he just looked like a better fit in the NHL. Which I know I'm not a fan of the "if they don't look good in the AHL they'll magically be better in the NHL" mantra. Just too small of a sample size to really know but I do feel like Rendulic isn't going to be a minor league guy. If he's not in the NHL by the end of his contract he will be happier playing in Europe.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Rendulic wasn't as suited to the grind it out style of the AHL. Not that he didn't try and it did help him become more physical but he just looked like a better fit in the NHL. Which I know I'm not a fan of the "if they don't look good in the AHL they'll magically be better in the NHL" mantra. Just too small of a sample size to really know but I do feel like Rendulic isn't going to be a minor league guy. If he's not in the NHL by the end of his contract he will be happier playing in Europe.

Agreed... NHL or bust, and he might be top 6 or bust (still too small of sample size to know).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Agreed... NHL or bust, and he might be top 6 or bust (still too small of sample size to know).

I think Rendulic can do it though. He showed me enough IMO to say that he at least has the talent for top-6 duty. Whether or not he puts the work in is another thing, but the kid is very talented and very fast

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think he has the size to be a 3rd liner. The only question is his defensive awareness.
About rendulic.

Defense (in general), frame, and physicality are all questions with Rendulic in a bottom 6 role. Frame sounds like an odd one considering he is 6'2"... but he is only 200lbs and by all accounts, in great shape. He simply might not have the frame to hold 210-215. A thinner kid that isn't real great defensively and is inconsistent physically has a lots of things to prove before he can be a 3rd liner. Some of those questions can get overlooked if he finds his way into the top 6 and can score. Which is another question, and more difficult to answer. We will see with him. He is a good player to have in the system with his raw talent and size.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I really like Everberg. He is a serviceable third liner and solid fourth line guy. Is he ever going to tear it up point wise? I would assume not but he does provide us with nice depth and fills a spot on the bottom six. As a fan I hope that this move is indicative of the organization looking to Europe as a way to refill a very empty cabinet that was ravaged by the idea of only drafting character Canadian centers.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I really like Everberg. He is a serviceable third liner and solid fourth line guy. Is he ever going to tear it up point wise? I would assume not but he does provide us with nice depth and fills a spot on the bottom six. As a fan I hope that this move is indicative of the organization looking to Europe as a way to refill a very empty cabinet that was ravaged by the idea of only drafting character Canadian centers.
I think it is. Weren't there reports a few weeks back that they were interested in Andreas Martinsen as well? I think they are trying to find guys that have a game which translates well to the NA style/smaller ice.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Yo Mars - I'm beginning to see your point here. The young man played a really outstanding game tonight. Really liked the way he played.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The Everbeast is one of the few bright spots of this season. This game especially he was carrying the puck a lot more, breaking into the zone and looking confident. I hope this is just the beginning, and that there is still yet more to come.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I wish the whole team could play like Everbest. Make simple, yet effective passes, intercept pucks in the neutral zone, forecheck effectively, go to the net, don't try to make fancy no-look passes, or fancy plays in general, and when you fall over, by golly you FALL over.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Called it from the first time I saw him this season that he would be really good player for this club. Such an understated thing in the game of hockey but having a high hockey IQ really puts players over the edge.

Imagine he had the same IQ as McLeod/Talbot/Cliche. He'd simply be a big guy who skates around trying to hit players and falling over a lot. But he understands the game so well.

He doesn't have the offence to back it up, and I don't know if he ever will, but he reminds me of Loui Eriksson. Just how smart Loui is, I can see it in Everberg's game. I hope this summer they sign him to an extension for 4-5 years. I want him to be a staple on this team. Locking him up in the summer for $1.8-$2.0M for 5 years would be great if you ask me. Give him the same contract Kyle Clifford got

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad