Value of: Defense to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Goes to show that he hasn't been completely irrelevant in the O zone.

You actually included four... "almost-assists" in his point totals to make a point that he would have a much better production.
If we go on counting almost-assists and almost-goals from now on, probably half the league or more would be ppg and above at the end of the season...
Please tell me that you see the problem with that.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Bruins fans overrate McAvoy to such a large extent it's not even funny anymore. He holds less value than Marner and 100% of NHL GM's agree with me.
I have seen enough hockey in person in the past 40 years to recognize elite talent when I see it.
And at least, I speak for myself and my experience in seeing the game. You on the other hand speak for the whole community of NHL GMs, apparently. I will let you consider how that sounds.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
I have seen enough hockey in person in the past 40 years to recognize elite talent when I see it.
And at least, I speak for myself and my experience in seeing the game. You on the other hand speak for the whole community of NHL GMs, apparently. I will let you consider how that sounds.

Jim Benning has seen alot of hockey in person as well. Too bad he chose Virtanen over Nylander and Ehlers...

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
You actually included four... "almost-assists" in his point totals to make a point that he would have a much better production.
If we go on counting almost-assists and almost-goals from now on, probably half the league or more would be ppg and above at the end of the season...
Please tell me that you see the problem with that.
I'm talking about legitimate open-net tap-ins, but I see your point. I'm moreso just trying to point out that he is still a huge offensive threat and its pretty idiotic seeing him getting thown into countless proposals.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't know how sacrilege it is to agree with the Bruins fan on this item, but a wide body, workhorse RHD potential franchise defenseman brings a certain substance to a team the Leafs just don't have, that I would give up just about anything short of Matthews for.

I think Marner has peak, peak potential to be a really special player in the game, but there's a wider range of impactful usefulness of a player of McAvoy's range, if that makes sense.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What's the value of Erik Johnson? He could work as a RHD big body defenseman. Not sure if Colorado is rebuilding or building with him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What's the value of Erik Johnson? He could work as a RHD big body defenseman. Not sure if Colorado is rebuilding or building with him.

As of right now he's 100% not available. He's an absolute work horse on Defense for us, taking the hardest minutes by far and playing over 26 minutes a night with a lot of SH time.

Would require an overpayment that the Leafs shouldn't be prepared to pay. Something like Nylander or Marner which just doesn't make sense for the Leafs. Those are guys they want to build around. Use the draft to find a high end Dman instead.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Oh goodie another defense man to the leaf thread :sarcasm: Mods i was hoping we can sticky this and have all defense to the leafs in one thread that way the main board will have room for other teams proposals

Agreed .... And 2 threads should cover it...
1. We are great and getting greater
2. We need to get rid of the coach, goalie, any body playing bad and add defense

Inquiring minds need to know where to put the JVR trade proposals - in thread #2 I suspect? :eek: :sarcasm:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

you should be a gm, because these guys have been in hockey their entire lives and still often get things wrong.
Yak looked pretty good as a rookie. Maybe you could teach these gms a thing or two?

Reactions: PinkFly

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
You mentioned McAvoy, not me. If you want McAvoy, regardless of how many games he played or not, the right - and only - answer is Matthews.
So before McAvoy stepped foot on an nhl ice surface, he was already worth a franchise #1C on an ELC and nothing less?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Carlo doesnt get the convo going on Marner.
MacAvoy is interesting but both teams probably just keep their guy.

Leafs liked marner enough to take him over several dmen (hanifin,werenski,provorov)
kid rewards them by having an insane junior year where he won every possible award and then drops 61pts as a rookie

they arent making a knee jerk reaction and trading him just because he "only" has 7 pts so far.
Marner is gonna be a 70pt+ stud year in year out. Leafs keep their homegrown talent, much as teams like LA,Pit,Wsh, CHi have

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
You mentioned McAvoy, not me. If you want McAvoy, regardless of how many games he played or not, the right - and only - answer is Matthews.

The bruins don't have any combination of 2 players that get you matthews.

Bergeron,Pastrnak AND McAvoy MIGHT get it done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad