Value of: Defense to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Right, the hf classic. 10 games into his career and he's already earned his "Matthews or bust" status. You want one of our best young players you're gonna have to pay up too.

So what is your offer for Mcavoy then? Im not even gonna guess...

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Other GM's know the Leafs need to add quality defensemen and
it will take an over payment to get one.
Doubt any GM are interested in JVR, Bozak or Kap.
Maybe for a #5/6

So start combo of your 2018 1st rounder, an improved Marner or Kadri.

Leafs offence needs work as well.
After Matthews it looks like Martin is your most engaged player.
Last year Leo and Kardi were kings of the stick slash and stick water skiing but that game is over. Now they look terrible.
Marner?? WTF
Earth to Nylander.... wake up.
People were concerned about Marleau's third year of his contract, I would be more concerned about his first.

This post.. but the bolded. 50 points would be excellent which is what he is on pace for. He works hard, and is playing center for us where he is not as comfortable. One of our better defensive players too. Not one single person thought he would score 60-70 points or whatever, he was signed for that much to bring in a strong vet and convince him to move out of SJ.

Reactions: Myers888

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Right, the hf classic. 10 games into his career and he's already earned his "Matthews or bust" status. You want one of our best young players you're gonna have to pay up too.
You mentioned McAvoy, not me. If you want McAvoy, regardless of how many games he played or not, the right - and only - answer is Matthews.

Reactions: Maukkis

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
We're not trading Marner, maybe this year will be an off year for him and that's fine, but we can't discount what we did last year. Marner has also been robbed of like 4 assists where players missed tap-ins (JVR twice, Bozak a few). He gets those and he has 1G 10A 11PTS in 15GP. Still not scoring, but probably takes less flack just for having 11PTS in 15.

A trade I would be down for is Leivo/Prospect/Late Pick for Petrovic. Too many fans are set on getting a stud (none avalaible). Petrovic is a big improvement on Carrick/Polak and could even work his way into our long-term plans.

Now this is something rather new even for me: someone counting the ALMOST assists to make a point...

Reactions: go4hockey

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
You mentioned McAvoy, not me. If you want McAvoy, regardless of how many games he played or not, the right - and only - answer is Matthews.
Based on Trouba threads that I have read way more than one should ever have, this concept isn't familiar to Leafs fans. Mention Matthews on this particular board in any context, and you're in for a barrage of hate, no matter how right you are. The same logic could easily be applied to most "untouchables", but only in Leafland is it a crime against humanity to suggest that other teams have expensive and prized assets too.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Based on Trouba threads that I have read way more than one should ever have, this concept isn't familiar to Leafs fans. Mention Matthews on this particular board in any context, and you're in for a barrage of hate, no matter how right you are. The same logic could easily be applied to most "untouchables", but only in Leafland is it a crime against humanity to suggest that other teams have expensive and prized assets too.
Oh come on...neither McAvoy ir Trouba hold close to Matthews value.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brandon Carlo for Mitch Marner.

Carlo would give the leafs a top young shutdown d-man who can skate and has a great outlet pass.

Marner would give the Bruins a second line right winger who has dynamic offensive skill and great upside.

Two top young players with great futures.
Marner on the Big Bad Bruins ... I love it

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

You are perfectly right.

We are grooming McAvoy to become our next #1 D (to be frank, he pretty much already is...), following in the steps of the history of great Bruins #1 defensemen.
He has oodles of talent at both ends of the ice, he even is physical, has started playing Karlsson-esque minutes already (played close to 30 minutes in 2 out of the last 3 games). It's amazing to look at where he is already.
There's a handful of players the Bruins would accept to trade McAvoy for. Incomprehensible as that may seem to some, that's reality.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Toronto needs defense and if they want to address that need Marner or Nylander have to be what is going back to the team that is trading the defenseman.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Oh goodie another defense man to the leaf thread :sarcasm: Mods i was hoping we can sticky this and have all defense to the leafs in one thread that way the main board will have room for other teams proposals
That’s actually a good idea, just stickie the Leaf topics. Makes sense and would keep the other teams threads from being pushed to page 2

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
You are perfectly right.

We are grooming McAvoy to become our next #1 D (to be frank, he pretty much already is...), following in the steps of the history of great Bruins #1 defensemen.
He has oodles of talent at both ends of the ice, he even is physical, has started playing Karlsson-esque minutes already (played close to 30 minutes in 2 out of the last 3 games). It's amazing to look at where he is already.
There's a handful of players the Bruins would accept to trade McAvoy for. Incomprehensible as that may seem to some, that's reality.

Bruins fans overrate McAvoy to such a large extent it's not even funny anymore. He holds less value than Marner and 100% of NHL GM's agree with me.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That’s actually a good idea, just stickie the Leaf topics. Makes sense and would keep the other teams threads from being pushed to page 2
Agreed .... And 2 threads should cover it...
1. We are great and getting greater
2. We need to get rid of the coach, goalie, any body playing bad and add defense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad