Celtics/NBA Jeff Bezos reportedly has no interest in buying the Celtics

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Memphis trades a former top 10 pick to Brooklyn.

from espn.com:

The Memphis Grizzlies have traded forward Ziaire Williams, a 2021 top-10 draft pick, to the Brooklyn Nets, sources told ESPN on Friday.

Williams goes to the Nets with a 2030 second-round pick via the Dallas Mavericks for Mamadi Diakite and the draft rights to Serbian Nemanja Dangubic, the 54th pick in the 2014 draft, sources said.

The deal moves out the $6.1 million guaranteed on Williams' contract for 2024-25 and creates some more salary cap flexibility as the Grizzlies work toward re-signing guard Luke Kennard.

Williams, 22, has had a limited role since going 10th overall in the 2021 draft out of Stanford, and he could get more of an opportunity with the rebuilding Nets. Brooklyn picks up another future draft asset to take on Williams in the deal.

Williams has averaged 7.5 points and 2.6 rebounds in 150 games for the Grizzlies in his three NBA seasons.

A 27-year-old depth player, Diakite entered the league in the 2020-21 season and has spent time with the Milwaukee Bucks, Oklahoma City Thunder, Cleveland Cavaliers, San Antonio Spurs and New York Knicks. He has $1.39 million guaranteed remaining on his deal.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The 2-1 Celtics lost today playing the 0-3 Dallas Mevericks 101 vs. 90. Dallas Prosper 22 pts, & Lawson 21 pts Celtics House 18 pts, Scheierman 15, & Watson 14 pts. Celtics Sat 5 players while Dallas sat 3.

Celtics 2-2 & Dallas 1-3 neither made the playoffs, that would be the top 4 teams all undefeated, maybe Warriors? 4-0 HEAT, GRIZZLIES, CLIPPERS, & 3-0 WARRIORS are 50 '44 in the middle of 3rd period.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
For me watching summer league isn’t about the players that perform well- I don’t really think that means a whole lot unless you’re a teenage rookie. For me it’s about the players who perform poorly, it tells you who won’t make it as opposed to who will make it

he’s still super young so there is some time to turnaround but based off what I saw from a guy like Walsh he is not going to make it. Both of our draft picks from this year are older than him but they looked much more like nba players than he did. You can tell they’re thinking the game whereas Walsh is just kinda doing stuff willy nilly. He’s unplayable on offense- bad iq, not a good shooter

Reactions: EverettMike

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
For me watching summer league isn’t about the players that perform well- I don’t really think that means a whole lot unless you’re a teenage rookie. For me it’s about the players who perform poorly, it tells you who won’t make it as opposed to who will make it

he’s still super young so there is some time to turnaround but based off what I saw from a guy like Walsh he is not going to make it. Both of our draft picks from this year are older than him but they looked much more like nba players than he did. You can tell they’re thinking the game whereas Walsh is just kinda doing stuff willy nilly. He’s unplayable on offense- bad iq, not a good shooter
Majority of these players are G-League players, folks.... it's why the NBA got behind this league the last 20-30 years as compared to the Continental Basketball Association, if posters remember how that league went... Walsh likely doesn't need to prove himself in Summer League because he's got his role set.... as long as Brad gets favorable reports..... the question is who succeeds Blaine Mueller in Portland coming off an Eastern Conference Championship run, since Maine has their 1st title since the franchise was established...

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
This wasnt me I am Seattle with the next pick lmao

Attachments

• IMG_3005.jpeg
    IMG_3005.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad