Proposal: DeBrusk for McCabe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Jake DeBrusk for Jake McCabe?

DeBrusk has been playing well of late and I would think Chicago would welcome a young forward to their rebuild.

I don’t watch enough Chicago games to comment on McCabe’s season there, I know the -13 isn’t flattering but I don’t know if that’s more an indication of his play or the team’s struggles. I like McCabe’s mobility and aggressiveness. I actually wanted the Bruins to sign him this summer to pair with Carlo but they went back to Reilly when Suter fell through.

Thoughts? Is it fair? Would Chicago deal McCabe?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

DeBrusk has been playing well of late and I would think Chicago would welcome a young forward to their rebuild.

I don’t watch enough Chicago games to comment on McCabe’s season there, I know the -13 isn’t flattering but I don’t know if that’s more an indication of his play or the team’s struggles. I like McCabe’s mobility and aggressiveness. I actually wanted the Bruins to sign him this summer to pair with Carlo but they went back to Reilly when Suter fell through.

McCabe's wife is from Chicago and he has a 10 team NTC. The only reason for the Hawks to do something like this is to clear cap.

If you want to trade DeBrusk, Dylan Strome is about the best you're going to get from the Hawks.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
McCabe's wife is from Chicago and he has a 10 team NTC. The only reason for the Hawks to do something like this is to clear cap.

If you want to trade DeBrusk, Dylan Strome is about the best you're going to get from the Hawks.

That's a swap I have thought about since the start of the season. Maybe something clicks with Strome and he can help Boston at 2C...but it's a good change of scenery for both.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
That's a swap I have thought about since the start of the season. Maybe something clicks with Strome and he can help Boston at 2C...but it's a good change of scenery for both.
It really makes too much sense. Idk why it isn't done yet. Maybe Strome could find the player he was in his first 100 games after getting traded to the Hawks in Boston.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It really makes too much sense. Idk why it isn't done yet. Maybe Strome could find the player he was in his first 100 games after getting traded to the Hawks in Boston.

He's a guy that just needs a kick in the ass a little too often.

A bunch of guys like that around the league. Strome drives me nuts on Chicago because I know his best. Similarly but not high end talent in Engvall on Toronto, he sucks for a few games, you healthy scratch him and next 2-3 games, he's scoring, playing with crazy energy. You wonder how they can't bring it every night, if not the production but the effort.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Mccabe just signed in Chicago as a UFA. It was the team he grew up being a fan from living in that area.

he isn’t getting traded just out of team reputation with signing ufas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad