DC's The Penguin (Colin Farrell)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I do really like the vibe of the Reeves Batman universe. This feels like it could be a sequel to that, which is more than I can say for a lot of shows that tie in to a bigger film universe. Farrell is so good, and the makeup is incredible.

Same here. The opening few minutes, where they use parts of his universe setting up the story was really good . Farrell should get an award just for having to walk around with that limp for 50 minutes. :nod:

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I do really like the vibe of the Reeves Batman universe. This feels like it could be a sequel to that, which is more than I can say for a lot of shows that tie in to a bigger film universe. Farrell is so good, and the makeup is incredible.
Reeves said it's supposed to be a sequel to the first movie and a prequel to the next one coming out.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I enjoyed it, and I didn't have any interest until I read the reviews here. It's nice to have a show, especially based on comic book material, that's for adults. It reminds me a little of Andor in being a spinoff that no one asked for and a welcome surprise with how good it is.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
You have to admire HBO's confidence in their programming. They released only a single episode on the 19th and have made us wait not just a week but 10 days for the second (which airs tonight). Meanwhile, other streamers (like Amazon and Disney+) recently dropped the first two or even three episodes of their prestige shows on the first day, hoping that we'd be hooked by the end of the last one. Good shows need only one episode to hook you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad