Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I’ve seen Reinbacher for a couple games.
I don’t think he’ll have the offensive career that many expects over Matvei Michkov.
I’ve analyze his game, I see a very close resemblance to Brandon Carlo or Colton Parayko.
Both are top 4 defenseman, and if Reinbacher’s game develops, he’ll be more Parayko.
He’s at 6’4” this season and still 19. He should top at 6’4” or 6’5” 220-225lbs.

My guess is David Reinbacher will be a big minute horse on defense for the Canadiens. I think he will be an all situation defenseman. Protecting the lead, shutting down top lines. To me, Reinbacher will be a 25-35 points defenseman. I think he’s a better fit with Kaiden Guhle than with Lane Hutson.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Mailloux is nowhere near the top RHD prospect. Reinbacher is already better and he is 2 years younger. They’re not close for me, If you don’t see the difference when both have the puck and without I wonder what you’re watching. Reinbacher is smarter and calmer.
We will definitely need to disagree here. Especially on the Reinbacher is already better nonsense. Mailloux is currently the better player snd imo I think it will stay that way.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I thought he looked good but he was also defending scrubs last night , I believe he could make the third pair or 7th dman right now but there's no point in doing so
Another year in Laval I say. Just wasn't what I was expecting last night. Struble looked way better. Instead give Barron ton of ice time this season see if he can figure it out.

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
The primary role of a defenseman is to a defend It takes time in this league to be that. Brent Seabrook would be an example of a number 2 D, averaged 35 points throughout his career, was an integral part of the Blackhawks success and suited up for team Canada. That would be very important piece for us if that's what reinbachers became

But I do believe believe reinbachers ceiling is higher than that and to base his future off a 19 year old audition playing the most offensively gifted team in the league with just about all their regulars and barely getting a single other NHL defenceman out there with you is very premature.

There are a ton of star defensemen that do not even make the NHL until into their 20's.
Let him simmer.

He will be fine.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The primary role of a defenseman is to a defend It takes time in this league to be that. Brent Seabrook would be an example of a number 2 D, averaged 35 points throughout his career, was an integral part of the Blackhawks success and suited up for team Canada. That would be very important piece for us if that's what reinbachers became

But I do believe believe reinbachers ceiling is higher than that and to base his future off a 19 year old audition playing the most offensively gifted team in the league with just about all their regulars and barely getting a single other NHL defenceman out there with you is very premature.

There are a ton of star defensemen that do not even make the NHL until into their 20's.
Let him simmer.

He will be fine.
Great name! Thomas Sowell is an icon!
Well said regarding David Reinbacher.

I’ve seen Reinbacher for a couple games.
I don’t think he’ll have the offensive career that many expects over Matvei Michkov.
I’ve analyze his game, I see a very close resemblance to Brandon Carlo or Colton Parayko.
Both are top 4 defenseman, and if Reinbacher’s game develops, he’ll be more Parayko.
He’s at 6’4” this season and still 19. He should top at 6’4” or 6’5” 220-225lbs.

My guess is David Reinbacher will be a big minute horse on defense for the Canadiens. I think he will be an all situation defenseman. Protecting the lead, shutting down top lines. To me, Reinbacher will be a 25-35 points defenseman. I think he’s a better fit with Kaiden Guhle than with Lane Hutson.
💯 %

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He will need some time in Laval which is 100% understandable. It's tough for 19 year old defensemen to have immediate success in the NHL.

I have no doubt he can play in the NHL at the moment, but we have enough defensemen to let him develop somewhat away from the spotlight in Laval.

Reactions: CDN24

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Looks like the David Reinbacher thread is going to have to go the way of the Juraj Slafkovsky thread - which is a toxic cesspool you don't go into because it's full of crying, hot takes and general stupidity.

He had a nervous first period as did pretty much the entire roster who didn't have extensive NHL experience.

The penalty kill goal was a miscommunication where he thought Struble had Tavares and he was shaded out to the one-timer threat on the dot. That's Xs and Os that gets ironed out in a season, nothing more than that.

After that, he showed exactly what he was drafted to do. Shut down the rush with his stick and skating. Defend the in-zone cycle with his skating and size. Get the puck, evade pressure and make quick, solid exits out of the zone and then support the attack with clever activations.

We just played NJ with Simon Nemec, a 2nd overall pick, and he was worse, with more experience, than Reinbacher was in this game. The Devils could have taken small scorer Logan Cooley instead.

Defenseman take longer to develop, so trying to make mountains of mole hills is just wanting to make yourself mad and miserable. Let the man develop, there's absolutely no need for him to be a first pairing defenseman TODAY.

The small scorers are almost ALWAYS ahead of the big defenseman. You guys have watched hockey long enough, you post about it on a message board, you must know by now that it's common knowledge that defense and goaltending have the longest run way of development to their upside.

Yes, some of the special talents like a Drew Doughty come in and do it earlier. No one has ever billed Reinbacher as a Drew Doughty. If that's what you thought they were getting, that's on you, and if things are failing to meet expectations you set by yourself, because of some weird "an X overall pick must be X" lie you tell yourself, that's on you, not on management and certainly not on the player.

Recalibrate. Chill out. He's going to be a very valuable piece to the rebuild and he is not going to be flashy about it.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Looks like the David Reinbacher thread is going to have to go the way of the Juraj Slafkovsky thread - which is a toxic cesspool you don't go into because it's full of crying, hot takes and general stupidity.

He had a nervous first period as did pretty much the entire roster who didn't have extensive NHL experience.

The penalty kill goal was a miscommunication where he thought Struble had Tavares and he was shaded out to the one-timer threat on the dot. That's Xs and Os that gets ironed out in a season, nothing more than that.

After that, he showed exactly what he was drafted to do. Shut down the rush with his stick and skating. Defend the in-zone cycle with his skating and size. Get the puck, evade pressure and make quick, solid exits out of the zone and then support the attack with clever activations.

We just played NJ with Simon Nemec, a 2nd overall pick, and he was worse, with more experience, than Reinbacher was in this game. The Devils could have taken small scorer Logan Cooley instead.

Defenseman take longer to develop, so trying to make mountains of mole hills is just wanting to make yourself mad and miserable. Let the man develop, there's absolutely no need for him to be a first pairing defenseman TODAY.

The small scorers are almost ALWAYS ahead of the big defenseman. You guys have watched hockey long enough, you post about it on a message board, you must know by now that it's common knowledge that defense and goaltending have the longest run way of development to their upside.

Yes, some of the special talents like a Drew Doughty come in and do it earlier. No one has ever billed Reinbacher as a Drew Doughty. If that's what you thought they were getting, that's on you, and if things are failing to meet expectations you set by yourself, because of some weird "an X overall pick must be X" lie you tell yourself, that's on you, not on management and certainly not on the player.

Recalibrate. Chill out. He's going to be a very valuable piece to the rebuild and he is not going to be flashy about it.

Well said.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

It's a great write up , but the people mad or roasting the kid don't deserve it , I wouldn't waste too much time on them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad